Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Appeals Tribunal orders Mordaunt to pay 72,000

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Apparently the man is speaking in Turkey courtesy of ITAA spouting the usual.

To busy to be bothered with trivial Irish employment matters. Then to have the cheek on twitter to say their is 2 sides to every story. He had his chance at the hearing.

One tweet challenged him here is the response: "@sinsear grow up two sides to every story and don't be a fool by believing everything u read"

Some neck....

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GullibleOne

Apparently the man is speaking in Turkey courtesy of ITAA spouting the usual.

To busy to be bothered with trivial Irish employment matters. Then to have the cheek on twitter to say their is 2 sides to every story. He had his chance at the hearing.

One tweet challenged him here is the response: "@sinsear grow up two sides to every story and don't be a fool by believing everything u read"

Some neck....
    good advice re his book

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's a disgrace,the way that woman was treated was scandalous.

Anyone know how to get the full report. There is no mention on the Equality Tribunal website

As a friend of mine just said is it a pyric victory?

Will George ever pay the 72K? Is she behind NAMA, revenue, banks in the list?

• Advertisement

Anyone know how to get the full report. There is no mention on the Equality Tribunal website

Does not seem to be up yet only cases to end of September.

Does not seem to be up yet only cases to end of September.
    so how did the paper get it?

Wonder will his buddies in the media turn on him? Will he still get the Frontline front row tickets?

so how did the paper get it?

Good question must be journalist contacts to get the scoop?

Good question must be journalist contacts to get the scoop?
    i would say they get press releases so i wondered why the press release is not online

• Advertisement

Well it is not the full report but well done. how did you
    get it. Is it her blog?

Sorry it is the full report apologes

A basic google of beary and mordaunt turned it up

A basic google of beary and mordaunt turned it up
    see it now. Oh i see it is the employment appeals tribunal. I took it up wrong thought it was Equality Tribunal hearing

George's twitter response from a tweet challenge:

"@sinsear grow up two sides to every story and don't be a fool by believing everything u read"

Really bad from a legal tribunal with a finding of fact. Unbelieable for someone campaigning against bullying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

George's twitter response from a tweet challenge:

"@sinsear grow up two sides to every story and don't be a fool by believing everything u read"

Really bad from a legal tribunal with a finding of fact. Unbelieable for someone campaigning against bullying.

Awful reply there on Twitter, bullying in itself. No need to be calling anyone a fool for having an opinion.

I would like to acknowledge how brave Jennifer Beary has been during what must have been a harrowing episode in her life.

Hopefull she remains strong in the days ahead, as no doubt pressure will be applied on her position. Do not relent and stay the course.

I am saying that as I do seem to detect her facebook is in semi lockdown (understandable). Plus George is gone off twitter.... wondering what's happening behind the scenes.

This is a big story in Clonmel.

I would like to acknowledge how brave Jennifer Beary has been during what must have been a harrowing episode in her life.

Hopefull she remains strong in the days ahead, as no doubt pressure will be applied on her position. Do not relent and stay the course.

I am saying that as I do seem to detect her facebook is in semi lockdown (understandable). Plus George is gone off twitter.... wondering what's happening behind the scenes.

This is a big story in Clonmel.
    what pressure can be applied he did not even appear at the hearing.Maybe she keeps her face book on private. For a big story it is not getting much air.

What is her facebook?

Fair point. Its true the national media has not picked up on it much however it is the talk of Clonmel from anyone I have met over the weekend and no one who knows him is really surprised.

I am disappointed with the national media response on this, as he generated headlines in his favour when he perceived the banks as bullying him. This is bullying of a far worse nature; a pregnant woman, yet no media outside the Examiner giving it an airing.

The way I see it George has 3 moves:
    - Ignore it lay low for a while and wait till it goes away. Will he pay?
    - Apologise, pay the lady promptly and publically acknowledge his failings in this issue
    - Go after the findings through some microscopic legal route, fight it and harass to the point of a different conclusion. I do not know if that is possible considering his no show at the hearing. I have no legal qualification on whether that is possible?

The next move is over to George? The mask has slipped can the image be repaired?

Fair point. Its true the national media has not picked up on it much however it is the talk of Clonmel from anyone I have met over the weekend and no one who knows him is really surprised.

I am disappointed with the national media response on this, as he generated headlines in his favour when he perceived the banks as bullying him. This is bullying of a far worse nature; a pregnant woman, yet no media outside the Examiner giving it an airing.

The way I see it George has 3 moves:
    - Ignore it lay low for a while and wait till it goes away. Will he pay?
    - Apologise, pay the lady promptly and publically acknowledge his failings in this issue
    - Go after the findings through some microscopic legal route, fight it and harass to the point of a different conclusion. I do not know if that is possible considering his no show at the hearing. I have no legal qualification on whether that is possible?

The next move is over to George? The mask has slipped can the image be repaired?
    the herald had it too. can you link her facebook

• Advertisement

I will not link until I am certain, I am 90% sure my facebook link is correct.

Saw the Herald link its on Tipp FM site aswell:

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/well_known_car_dealership_ordered_to_pay_former_employee_72000

I will not link until I am certain, I am 90% sure my facebook link is correct.

Saw the Herald link its on Tipp FM site aswell:

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/well_known_car_dealership_ordered_to_pay_former_employee_72000
    think they got from examiner as it was saturday evening they had it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What is her facebook?
    can you link her facebook

Please don't look for links to people's private pages. Thanks.

Please don't look for links to people's private pages. Thanks.
    ok my apologies did not know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭PatM65

Mordaunt's now say they will be appealing the Tribunal ruling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

PatM65 wrote: »
    Mordaunt's now say they will be appealing the Tribunal ruling.

Maybe they thought the story would go under the radar,and now have to do something to try to save face? Its all very well becoming humble when the chips go down..if the boom was still going,we would never have seen his "Sheperds pie side",because he wouldnt have had to play that card.Is it not against the law to tamper with anyones mail? How come he got away with tampering with it and not bother delivering it?

Any reference on George Mordaunt appealing the ruling or official statement.

If true he had his chance, I knew he was in lock down trying to squirm out of it.

Oh the true colors coming out now.

His appeal will be severely hampered by his initial non attendance showing no respect for the tribunal and by action the laws of the land, court takes a very dim view of that and it will go against him.

No doubt some fudge like I was busy, dog ate my homework or slipped out of the hectic calendar will be tried. All a miserable attempt...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Any reference on George Mordaunt appealing the ruling or official statement.

If true he had his chance, I knew he was in lock down trying to squirm out of it.

Oh the true colors coming out now.

His appeal will be severely hampered by his initial non attendance showing no respect for the tribunal and by action the laws of the land, court takes a very dim view of that and it will go against him.

No doubt some fudge like I was busy, dog ate my homework or slipped out of the hectic calendar will be tried. All a miserable attempt...

Maybe the postman never delivered the letter to notify him that the hearing was taking place.
    But that would never happen,right ?

Maybe he trained the replacement postman or he got some ideas of the book on how to shorten the workload?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I read in the Nationalist that the reason he didn't attend was that, technically,the company no longer exists.
    This immediately got me thinking,how then can the "company" appeal the judgement and more worryingly will George/company now claim that they are not liable for any costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement