Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Appeals Tribunal orders Mordaunt to pay 72,000

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

As I predicted he is searching for technicalities seeing the damming evidence delivered by poor Jennifer and the tribunals verdict.

From seeing the justice system in action I doubt they will buy this absolute bull. He totally ignored the Tribunal, obviously binned the letter thinking that company is closed (I can ignore that), and is now appealing it. Will the company have a Lazarus resurrection for one day only on the appeal date? Then fold up so as not to pay?

Also the company may have closed by the principal accused remains. Maybe he was handling the tribunal like NAMA? Who knows?

He did not even send a letter or any legal representative or statement explaining the company was closed to the initial tribunal?

This whole explanation is bizarre from George and I think everyone will see it as such, or does he believe we the public are that stupid?

Unfortunately if not over for poor Jennifer in her case, however she can take satisfaction from the knowledge that her case is out their on the record for ever more for all to see exposing George for what he is....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This whole explanation is bizarre from George and I think everyone will see it as such, or does he believe we the public are that stupid?

Unfortunately if not over for poor Jennifer in her case, however she can take satisfaction from the knowledge that her case is out their on the record for ever more for all to see exposing George for what he is....

Poor Jennifer why would he appeal hasn't the poor woman been through enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jollywobbles

I posted earlier and it seems to have disappeared. I worked from this man and I can only describe it as mental torture. I used to get physically ill every day before attending work. I was subjected to bullying, harassment and mind games. Fair play to Jennifer for standing up for the rest of us who never had a chance to get their day in court.

jollywobbles take care of yourself, and good for you that you have left the mordaunt garage. Sounds like his methods are finally catching up him and the mask of "anti-bully campaigner" have been totally exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jollywobbles

Will do! It was the best days work I ever did leaving there. He is a complete bully. It's his wife i feel sorry for (and kids) - she has no idea. He used to get the receptionist to buzz him when she came into the building so he would have time to compose himself and wouldn't be caught in a compromising situation!
    Good things come to those who wait and I have been waiting for years for this day. Jennifer is such a brave woman and I am so grateful to her. Thanks for the support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Patsy52

Surely not a chance they will win this on appeal. Company is still registered as "Normal Status" with Companies Registration Office but the last accounts filed are for 2009 - not a good sign. Wishful thinking on Directors part to believe that they can overturn this in court but they may be able to string it out long enough to have the company struck off for not filing accounts on time, or at all, and then the entire case may fail.
    Would not like to be facing Circuit court with the evidence as presented in this case. The "no show" at the Tribunal and the excuse offered to the media is derisory but not unexpected as these guys seem to think they can tell the rest of us how to do things while ignoring their own advice.
    I'm sure Mr Mordaunt will have lots to say on the forthcoming budget, VRT, car tax etc yet he is comfortable driving an English reg Jag which is neither VRT'd or taxed in this state! Perhaps customs and excise would have an interest in this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

It won't help his "public speaking career" either

• Registered Users Posts: 7 flipper1934

I agree to a certain extent ... but he is correct when he says there is two sides to every story ..
    Im not sure if he has a case or not .. im only getting the facts by reading boards.ie ....

Has anybody ever spoken to him in person ???
    I just think that were all spouting about something that we dont have the full facts for .. Maybe im wrong ..... only trying to help

tippspur wrote: »
    He's a disgrace,the way that woman was treated was scandalous.

maybe he mad a mistake .. were all human ... :)

No need to bring a mans wife and family into this .. your only fighting dirty and theres nood need for it .. im not knocking what your saying just .... no need to bring innocent people into it ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Flipper, you're not related to George by any chance are you? ;)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Flipper, you're not related to George by any chance are you? ;)

No ... im just trying to look at it from both sides..
    Im not saying that he is right .. all im saying is we havent had his side of the story .

Im not saying that he is right .. all im saying is we havent had his side of the story .

Very true. I agree with that, I can't really comment on the matter as I'm biased due to a very unpleasant run in I had with Mr.Mourdant.

fair enough .. cant argue with you on that issue .. the problem i have in ireland is its " Guilty until proven innocent " instead of other way around .. Wouldnt your agree .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Your dead right flipper,we haven't heard his side of the story and neither did the trinunal but that is because he didn't bother his a**e turning up.
    He has some neck,I'll give him that,to stand up and lecture people about not allowing the banks bully them when he was the epitome of a classroom bully.
    And that's not just me saying that,it's an employment tribunal and half the population of Clonmel

your entitled to your point and i respect that .. as am I .. We will agree to disagree ...

The awful treatment of an excellent employee, newly married, about to have her 1st child that ends up having a stillborn birth. No care compassion or understanding, in fact the exact opposite, shown by George to the awful situation.

Then the total disrespect for the tribunal which is part of the laws of the land.

We are all dying to hear his side of the story and not this technical miserable reason put forward so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GullibleOne

Will the appeal be in public?

The awful treatment of an excellent employee, newly married, about to have her 1st child that ends up having a stillborn birth. No care compassion or understanding, in fact the exact opposite, shown by George to the awful situation.

Then the total disrespect for the tribunal which is part of the laws of the land.

We are all dying to hear his side of the story and not this technical miserable reason put forward so far...
    how do you know she was excellent. Do you know her? i am not saying she wasn't by the way, just asking how you know

Talked to ex mordaunt employees, by all accounts she was a fine worker and a nice lady.

No one deserved what happened to her anyway,

• Advertisement

Talked to ex mordaunt employees, by all accounts she was a fine worker and a nice lady.

No one deserved what happened to her anyway,
    no one knows exactly what happened only her side of it. She brought three actions and one was successful. I am not defending him just saying we do not know

George is a media soundbyte merchant proclaiming to be the victim of bank bullying.

V's

A distressed ex employee with an awful tale of pregnancy hardship.

Do you think she would air all that in public unless she was seriously hurt by her dealings with George?

As others said why the no show (not even a letter), as for that miserable excuse of non attendance?

Really 2 sides? We would love a solid story from George? I think this has all been said already he had his chance at the tribunal.

George is a media soundbyte merchant proclaiming to be the victim of bank bullying.

V's

A distressed ex employee with an awful tale of pregnancy hardship.

Do you think she would air all that in public unless she was seriously hurt by her dealings with George?

As others said why the no show (not even a letter), as for that miserable excuse of non attendance?

Really 2 sides? We would love a solid story from George? I think this has all been said already he had his chance at the tribunal.
    i don't know. you do not seem to like george much and seem to use highly emotional language when referring to her for example as distressed ex employee with an awful tale of pregnancy hardship

Listen George's biggest problem is himself, as was posted here he drives around in a UK plate Jag (one poster said 18 months which is above any trade plate exemption), lives in a mansion all while claiming hardship and distress from the banks, lectures the banks and government on debt forgiveness (which the taxpayer pays for) and other issues. The sheer definition of hypocrisy.

I encourage an appreciate success and know many successful people that have a lot more to shout about if they so desired.

Since the book George is suppose to have seen the light and is a reformed man; this tribunal hearing was a true test of that and in the mind of many he has failed to show permanent real change by his actions in this case.

Listen George's biggest problem is himself, as was posted here he drives around in a UK plate Jag (one poster said 18 months which is above any trade plate exemption), lives in a mansion all while claiming hardship and distress from the banks, lectures the banks and government on debt forgiveness (which the taxpayer pays for) and other issues. The sheer definition of hypocrisy.

I encourage an appreciate success and know many successful people that have a lot more to shout about if they so desired.

Since the book George is suppose to have seen the light and is a reformed man; this tribunal hearing was a true test of that and in the mind of many he has failed to show permanent real change by his actions in this case.
    why do one of you do something about that if it is true

Maybe he has found a loophole, like Michael O'Leary with the Dublin taxi plate who knows? It could be perfectly legal.

A polish neighbour was driving on a UK plate for about 2 years before he was finally caught it could be just a matter of time.

It was a big issue several years back however you do not see many abuses these days as they really clamped down. Everyone in Clonmel cannot understand how it works for George?

Maybe he has found a loophole, like Michael O'Leary with the Dublin taxi plate who knows? It could be perfectly legal.

A polish neighbour was driving on a UK plate for about 2 years before he was finally caught it could be just a matter of time.

It was a big issue several years back however you do not see many abuses these days as they really clamped down. Everyone in Clonmel cannot understand how it works for George?
    so now you say he may found a loop holeand It could be perfectly legal.

if so why are you concerned about it? If the people who post here about it do not know for sure why do they complain about it as if it was true.

Everyone in Clonmel cannot understand how it works for George?
    That is a broad statement. do you know and speak for everyone in Clonmel?

Gullibleone
    Fair points all.

Its up to the Gardaí and Customs on the car.

Either way a Jag, trophy house and lavish setup is not the lifestyle of an individual massively in debt and fighting the banks on the high moral ground. The problem with taking high moral ground (as publically as George has) is you have to stay on it yourself or else you are a hypocrite.

Gullibleone
    Fair points all.

Either way a Jag, trophy house and lavish setup is not the lifestyle of an individual massively in debt and fighting the banks on the high moral ground. The problem with taking high moral ground (as publically as George has) is you have to stay on it yourself or else you are a hypocrite.
    Then why do the peoplewho complain about it here not inform the customs or garda? why whinge here when they could do something

In relation to the girl she took three issues and succeeded on one

• Advertisement

I think this is now flogged to death at this stage, an appeal has to be lodged within 6 weeks I believe, as discussed earlier how a defunct company can resurrect for a 1 day special appeal will be interesting.

Anyway we will see what happens in round 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement