Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A lot more to holland than hookers and hash

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

ScumLord wrote: »
    I went down to Rotterdam last time I went over just see the rest of the country. I spent my time marveling at their efficient public transport. I'm a big nerd though so I love massive public works like that.

I was a a bit surprised at seeing double decker trains when I went over.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Netherlands has a superb public transport system - virtually all large towns are interconnected by high frequency rail services.

One downside to Holland are the amount of heavy industry and factories around that are a bit of a blot of the (flat) landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

ScumLord wrote: »
    I went down to Rotterdam last time I went over just see the rest of the country. I spent my time marveling at their efficient public transport. I'm a big nerd though so I love massive public works like that.
    You should go see the Delta Works. And the 'Afsluitdijk'. *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

JupiterKid wrote: »
    One downside to Holland are the amount of heavy industry and factories around that are a bit of a blot of the (flat) landscape.

It's were a lot of the Netherland's monies come from, got to take the good with the bad I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Bunschoten Spakenburg I'd settle there for good if I could, Lovely place.
    Amersfoort nearby is a lovely clean city too.

Should be back there in the next few years.
    I loved using the cycle paths, Place is so flat you could cycle for hours.

There is a few nice towns and villages near Arnhem I used to work in too, Winterswijk, Lichtenvoorde.

Found the people to be very knowledgeable.
    The're very early risers though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Is it true they drink pints of milk in the pub during lunch hours and work days??

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

Bit of both, I think. I call it land of the giants. I left Lowlands festival 2 nights early a couple of years in pure disgust because all I could see was people's shoulders.

We just bought a house in Utrecht, we're moving in over December. I love it here.

you bought a house in Utrecht? :D Utrecht is the most beautiful city in Nederland.. which part of Utrecht?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

General attitude of the Dutch is irritating to say the least.
    Bad dress sense.
    To many Moroccans.
    Education isn't up to much.
    Healthcare system.... way to expensive.
    They talk to much about politics.
    Public transport overpriced.
    They tax everything, yes...there is even such thing as"dyke-tax"
    and I could go on and on

Advertisement