Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decorating?

Options
  • 18-11-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

We rent off my boyfriend boss, and our lovely puppy decided one day to have a go at the kitchen wallpaper amongst other things the wee witch, we want to leave but cant till things we or dog wrecked are fixed so my question is the wall the dog chewed can we strip and have as a feature wall so to speak and have it plain and not matching or should we re-wallper whole room??

Wallpaper is already falling off the walls, house has a lot of damp issues, have never wallpapered so thought doing feature wall would be easy way out?? Landlord knows about the wall paper and says not to bother but not losing my deposit when we move out an he changes his mind.

When we moved in I had to get cleaners in, it was pretty manky and its not like we have treated place badly, even if we left the paper hanging off the wall it would still be in better nick than we moved into!

thanks for any advice!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Strictly speaking the landlord is entitled to have the property back as he rented it to you. Given the damage was caused by your puppy- it would be a reasonable expectation that the kitchen (or whichever room it was) would be re-wallpapered (you'd have to the whole room to get it to match). The landlord will probably be fine with you leaving it as a feature wall until you're leaving and then re-wallpaper, rather than doing it now.

To be honest- if you've a dog in the house, a bit of loose wallpaper is very mild- have a look at the legs of chairs and the furniture- it could be very costly cleaning up after having a dog in the house (which is why its almost impossible to find somewhere to rent that allows dogs).

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Thanks very much, to be honest I was wanting to take lazy way out as I havent a clue about wallpapering! Just finished stripping rest of the walls now!

Been lucky with the furniture she started trying to scratch things so they got smoothered in mustard! Seems to have worked!

Advertisement