Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband won't port forward

Options
  • 18-11-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭

Hi all. So lately I've tried to play my playstation on line but it won't work. My playstation does work online as I use it all the time but it just won't play the games on line. The problem is the modem won't forward ports but eircom have said this is not there problem. Any suggestions of how to fix the problem???

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

After you set up the port forwards have you set the firewall to low?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭vicM

Ebr sniper wrote: »
    Hi all. So lately I've tried to play my playstation on line but it won't work. My playstation does work online as I use it all the time but it just won't play the games on line. The problem is the modem won't forward ports but eircom have said this is not there problem. Any suggestions of how to fix the problem???

visit portforward.com and look for Zyxel router which I believe is what eircom use , if you have the black modem. Im not too sure what the model is but it should be stated somewhere on your router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Ebr sniper

If this is still an ongoing issue please PM me your account details/landline number and i shall have a look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 GeorgeClooney

Try setting the firewall to low, as suggested above:

2s760.png

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

Any idea what goes in Translation / Start Port / End Port bit in router settings when opening ports? I know what ports i need to open just not what to put in this part (see attached image)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi easytiger2009

I have looked into this and Translation / Start Port / End Port bit in router settings depend on the router you are using and in some cases the game you are playing. I have contacted tech support and they have asked me to advise you to go to http://portforward.com/ to find the appropriate settings.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

Hi easytiger2009

I have looked into this and Translation / Start Port / End Port bit in router settings depend on the router you are using and in some cases the game you are playing. I have contacted tech support and they have asked me to advise you to go to http://portforward.com/ to find the appropriate settings.

Regards

Al

Just got it sorted out! Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Ebr sniper

Hi all. Ok so since posting this thread I have been trying everything to get gaming online but with no success. Eircom have been no help pushing me to portforward.com but this still has not worked. Seriously thinking of leaving this waste of time that is eircom

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What ports are you forwarding?
    Have you tried it with firewall off.?

Tried it with the firewall off but still nothing. Can't remember which ports exactly man. The port firwardind site doesn't have the exact modem model I have though

• Advertisement

Are you setting up forwarding with the machine your forwarding to on the network & visible?
    Some router only let you forward to an existing device on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Does your console get assigned a different IP by the router every time it connects by any chance?
    Check that the assigned IP matches the one you applied the settings for on the router.

I've been doing it off my laptop but want it for me ps3. So should I be doing it off my ps3?

Ok tried doing it through the ps3 and it can't access the modem through the ps3. Not sure if it changes IP address but it just seems like nothing is going to work. This is wrong that an eircom modem can stop the ports from forwarding but they claim to have nothing to do with it. Very poor customer service going to change provider if they don't sort it out!!!

Is your PS3 set up with a static IP address?
    If its dynamic its going to change every time you connect.

Not sure to be honest don't even know how to check

Go into the network settings on your PS & set up manually
    Probably with the following settings
    IP 192.168.1. **
    Sub Net Mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254
    DNS 159.134.0.1
    secondry 159.134.0.2

Advertisement