Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from iphone to android

Options
  • 18-11-2012 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Has anyone made this move ? I've had an iphone for 5 yrs and am thinking of changing. For all the upgrades nothing much has changed so perhaps a move away is needed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

I'm thinking of the same. Have iphone 2 years but its giving me problems at present.

Not too sure what the differences would be? Advantages/Disadvantages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

I have a HTC one s, its my 1st smart phone and i love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

I wen the other way. Started off with the Galaxy and Galaxy S2. Just felt the Android system was cheap looking and unstable. Moved to Iphone and will never go back. Its light years ahead in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I always had the iphone right from the first one, so about 5 years, got bored with it and went for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Brilliant phone.

Honestly don't listen to anyone when they say, its so hard to use, and android is so complicated and all that because its bull****.

Its pretty much exactly the same and as easy to use as ios.

I'll never be going back to iphone unless they make something super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Can you borrow one of the phone you're thinking of moving to and use it for a week or two? That'd tell you better than Boards can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Looking at S3 or HTC X One. I think its just time for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Looking at S3 or HTC X One. I think its just time for a change

From someone who has used both the S3 on HTC One and coming from an iphone of 5 years.

Galaxy S3 All the way, Although rumours of the S4 to be released in February, i'd hold off till the new year

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    From someone who has used both the S3 on HTC One and coming from an iphone of 5 years.

Galaxy S3 All the way, Although rumours of the S4 to be released in February, i'd hold off till the new year

All depending on the price, i'm selling mine at the moment. I'll be buying 2nd hand and unlocked to go on e mobile. Looking at prices on adverts i think the S3 is in my budget !

I'd lean towards the Nexus 4 if i could lay my hands on one !

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

I was in the same position in the summer and changed from and iphone 4 to an Galaxy S3. I thought I would love Android as i am a heavy Gmail and Picasaweb user and use a lot of cloud storage, however I found it a mixed bag. Some things i loved but others really frustrated me with the S3 and overall I found it a bit of a buggy experience. Sold the S3 a few weeks ago to get the iPhone 5 which I have been loving it so far.

There are still may advantage that the S3 has over the iPhone, however I found personally that i didn't really care about any of them and prefered a faster and more stable iPhone 5.

Some of the issues I had were with the physical design of the S3 and the touchwiz interface. If i was getting and android phone again I would go for a Nexus device in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I moved to an S2 when I just got bored of my iPhone 4 also had the 3gs \ iPhone 1, I can safely say that I will never buy Apple again, much too boring and locked down

Got an S3 now with the latest Jellybean update 4.2 its super smooth and really gives iOS 6 a run for its money, there is also no iTunes needed for syncing or any of that bollox, just drag and drop

you can also install uTorrent, change your battery, add extra storage space, use Google now (which makes a joke of Siri), watch flash, YouTube app and Google maps still work, etc

I also have a dual boot setup where you can test different roms to change the look and feel of the phone instantly

like using the Nexus 4 JellyBean version, which is supersmooth with no touchwiz, what iPhone can do that?

Advertisement