Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Colouring!

Options
  • 18-11-2012 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi everyone! Im making an NwO cake for my boyfriends birthday and I was wondering does anyone know where I can get black food colouring preferably in Galway city?? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Ryans homestore have black paste food colouring, but to be honest you might be better buying black sugar paste/fondant instead, as it is damn hard to achieve a true black colour by colouring it alone.

That's assuming you're using fondant at all. Either way, they have both in ryans.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dunnes have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Dunnes have it.

Do Dunnes have black paste colouring, or liquid colouring? As Eviledna said you'll need to buy pre coloured black sugarpaste if it's sugarpaste you're using, if it's to colour something else (buttercream etc) you should get the black paste, it's much more concentrated than the liquid. Stuff4cakes.ie has a great online shop and are opening a new "proper" shop in Liosban this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Eviledna wrote: »
    Ryans homestore have black paste food colouring, but to be honest you might be better buying black sugar paste/fondant instead, as it is damn hard to achieve a true black colour by colouring it alone.

That's assuming you're using fondant at all. Either way, they have both in ryans.;)

Oh if i can buy black sugar paste that would be a lot better than trying to colour fondant! Where is Ryans? I know theres a cake shop near O'Connors Bakery? Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Oh wait I know where Ryans is now!! Sorry about that!! Cheers everyone for the advice ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Ryan's Homestore is really expensive, Decorate Your Own is the place on Eglinton St.

I totally agree with CC above, if you can get to stuff4cakes in liosbaun you are going to find a better range at better prices. Ryans is dear but up until now was the only choice in the city! Decorate your own doesn't have a huge range of sugar paste always in stock, but it's worth a look either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Whats up Cupcake?

Hi,

Dr Oetker have recently launched there new food colourings. They can be found in Superquinn's and Super Value.

Hi,

Dr Oetker have recently launched there new food colourings. They can be found in Superquinn's and Super Value.

They are liquid though aren't they? Alas they won't work for colouring sugar paste, you'd end up with a sticky wet mess.

Advertisement