Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MNSCI Christmas Open Shoot. 8th & 9th December.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

As the add says "BUGGER" I'll miss the Sunday.... :(

Same as last year ... I'll be playing Santa for a youth group all day Sunday ... F*%K my rounded shape ...

Same as you Fish only going to get Saturday in as Santa has me booked for Sunday...
    Looks to be a fun day but would of liked a shot at the 1200yd clays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Last year I'd over 180 kids came in ... so I can hardly let them down,

Is target rifle shot with a scope ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Last year I'd over 180 kids came in ... so I can hardly let them down,
    That is a lot of kids on your knee.
    Is target rifle shot with a scope ???
    No.

Aperture sights.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Would rifles with aperture sights be made available for people who wanted to try??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I'll probably have a go at the hunting rifle. Are mods allowed on the hunting rifles?

• Advertisement

declan1980 wrote: »
    Are mods allowed on the hunting rifles?
    Anything.

As a hunting rifle shoot it's whatever you would normally use, plus it's not run on F-Class rules. So if ya want to use a mod go for it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Is the "falling plates" shot from the standing position?

Don't think so.

It's a timed event so most likely from a sitting position. Again i'm only interpreting.

I don't mean to be awkward here, but why are the rimfire competitions limited to 22lr. I'm sure there are lots of lads with hmr's and wmr's that would like to have a go at the likes of the falling plate, myself included.

I can only assume it's because the falling plates are on the rimfire range which is limited to subsonic ammo only. Any supersonic/high velocity ammo is for the other (centrefire) range.

• Advertisement

Ezridax wrote: »
    ====================================================================================================================

Important Notice.

F-Class, Target Rifle, Match Rifle, CF Benchrest and 1,200 Clay Shoot must be pre booked before day of competition (very important as no entry will be accepted on the day without prior notice).

All enqueries to JP 086 8232641 OR email jpcraven@eircom.net

====================================================================================================================

Just a reminder. There 6 days to the comp so make sure to book in if you intend to shoot in any of the highlighted events.

Everything else is turn up, and take part in.

This is the final reminder for all people that still have not entered their names into the above highlighted disciplines that they must do so before Friday evening.

So if you intend to shoot in the specified comps please book your spot.

As said before all other comps are enter as you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Any update on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well,I for one had a great craic at it.
    Didnt win diddly at the CF sporting rifle...:p

It was great to finally actually meet and put faces and names to some Boardies here and catch up on all the ska and news.
    Sure somone will be along with scores soon enough.

Thanks from me to the lads in the butts who put in a great days work in the most godawful cold and rainy weather that the Midlands can throw at you,and of course to the ladies who put on a great spread of sangers and cakes in the club house afterwards.;):D
    Grizzly45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 applelodge

Any Result's from to day Lads

I just found out the results of the of the open shoot at the weekend and thought I'd up them up since no one else seemed to be going to

Hunting rifle
    1st  Paul Dowling  174
    2nd  David Dunne   170
    3rd  Jonathan Murphy 168

Michael Kelliher  157
    Martin Coen       122
    Sean McGovern     94

Falling Plates
    Enda Merrick   4.1 seconds
    Paul Dowling   5.5 seconds
    Stephen Shelly 6   seconds

200 yards benchrest
    Joe Melia  0.928 inches
    Jonathan Murphy 0.996
    Sean McElmaine  1.333

.22 F Class
    Sean McElwaine  88.3
    Trevor Johnston 85.4
    Enda Merrick    82.2

Historic Rifle
    Michelle Gallagher  181
    Alan Kelly          165
    J P Craven          150
    John Shelly         131

FTR
    Pat hunt   146
    Joe McLoughlin  145.9
    Tommy Dunne     141.9

F Open
    Stephen Hogan  148.7
    Michelle Gallagher 146.13
    Mark Bannon   145.5

declan1980 wrote: »
    .......... thought I'd up them up since no one else seemed to be going to...........
    I did not make it over.

Sister's house was broken into Friday night. So spent the weekend helping fill out Garda Reports, insurance claims, repairing the window the basterds came in through, tidying the house after they went through it, etc. So had other things on my mind.

Thought someone that was there might have lashed up a report of the weekend. No point me trying to report on something i did not attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Sorry I missed the shoot, had to work, work is the curse of the shooting classes and all that. I'm sure all had a good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

AFAIK paulo6.5 won the hunting. fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

What happened on the 22 br side of things? Any results there? I couldn't make it up at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 hollywood rose

Just read a great report from the Christmas comp at http://www.nrai.ie//pages/monthly-bulletin.php

Very interesting, looks like classifications might be on the way for 2013, it will be interesting to see where everyone ranks, maybe they are right, classifications are used in the ICPSA and NTSA, time will tell, :)

Advertisement