Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer: Extra Player.

Options
  • 18-11-2012 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys, just moved to Wexford with work, was wondering if anyone who plays soccer during the week need an extra player?
    Kinda regestered with a team at home and I travel back to play weekends, but need to train during the week.
    Thanks.
    G_G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have a gander at this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056753268

Welcome to Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 guessing_game

Thanking you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Guessing_game PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I only play football !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

vicwatson wrote: »
    I only play football !!

Gaelic, American, Australian, Rugby?

• Advertisement

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Gaelic, American, Australian, Rugby?

FA Football (Football Association), like FA Cup, FA Premier League, FIFA, UEFA, etc etc etc

I think they call Football "Soccer" in the USA. It's starting to spread here with RTE being the biggest culprits in using the name of the game incorrectly but sure...

using the name of the game incorrectly

But if someone says "soccer" and you have a perfectly good understanding of what they are referring to then what is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I only play football !!
    Not again.

Everybody knows perfectly well what he meant.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Not again.

Everybody knows perfectly well what he meant.

Yes and I was merely having a laugh :rolleyes: :)

jpb1974 wrote: »
    But if someone says "soccer" and you have a perfectly good understanding of what they are referring to then what is the issue?

The issue it's the game is called "Football" by the people that invented it, you can't just be going around changing the names of sports when you want to !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

The issue it's the game is called "Football" by the people that invented it, you can't just be going around changing the names of sports when you want to !

seriously, every time on this forum you are on about it if someone calls it soccer. who cares. what does it add to the OPs thread. There are numerous sports where it is known as its unofficial name.

American Football / Gridiron. Aussie Rules / Footy. Rugby / rugger or union or league. Gaelic Football / Gah. etc etc.

People know what they mean with it, I dont get why it bothers you that much that anytime asks about soccer teams or whatever on a regional forum you go on about making it known it should be called football.

bruschi wrote: »
    seriously, every time on this forum you are on about it if someone calls it soccer. who cares. what does it add to the OPs thread. There are numerous sports where it is known as its unofficial name.

American Football / Gridiron. Aussie Rules / Footy. Rugby / rugger or union or league. Gaelic Football / Gah. etc etc.

People know what they mean with it, I dont get why it bothers you that much that anytime asks about soccer teams or whatever on a regional forum you go on about making it known it should be called football.

Chill out

Yes and I was merely having a laugh :rolleyes: :)

I think you might have gone to the well one time too many with this one :p

Advertisement