Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasons/Latest Patch Problems

• 18-11-2012 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

I installed the latest patch for Sims 3 the other day, and had no issues with gameplay.

Installed Seasons today, and since then it's been an absolute nightmare to do anything with. Upon launch I get "Not responding", which most of the time requires a hard reboot, sometimes it will start up if I give it 5minutes. If I manage to get to gameplay it just totally freezes, mouse wont move, windows button does nothing, and I have to hard shut down again.

Anyone else having these problems? I see a lot of info on sims 3 forums with fixes but they all seem to be related to mods and custom content, none of which I have. All origin digital downloads, and no stuff packs.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I installed the latest patch for Sims 3 the other day, and had no issues with gameplay.

Installed Seasons today, and since then it's been an absolute nightmare to do anything with. Upon launch I get "Not responding", which most of the time requires a hard reboot, sometimes it will start up if I give it 5minutes. If I manage to get to gameplay it just totally freezes, mouse wont move, windows button does nothing, and I have to hard shut down again.

Anyone else having these problems? I see a lot of info on sims 3 forums with fixes but they all seem to be related to mods and custom content, none of which I have. All origin digital downloads, and no stuff packs.

Is there a specific time when it freezes? Ie when it is loading/or there's a transition in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Is there a specific time when it freezes? Ie when it is loading/or there's a transition in the game?

Nope, never a specific time, I did check that. They could be just reading a book, or I could be in Buy Mode. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and got an hour's gameplay, it crashed. Restarted the PC and tried again, got no more than 5 mins gameplay. I even tried it without Seasons and it's still crashing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I haven't had any issues yet, must be very frustrating! :(

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling again. Apparently there's an issue where pre-Generations EPs dont get patched, so I'm going to try and reinstall and manually patch those.

OK, so it looks like I might need a new graphics card. I'm running on an Intel HD iCore Graphics Card, which isn't the best for the Sims apparently.

Anyone here a big Sims 3 player who might have a recommendation that doesn't break the bank?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    OK, so it looks like I might need a new graphics card. I'm running on an Intel HD iCore Graphics Card, which isn't the best for the Sims apparently.

Anyone here a big Sims 3 player who might have a recommendation that doesn't break the bank?

Running on a laptop/desktop?

Running on a laptop/desktop?

Laptop - its a Samsung RV511, 4GB RAM, i3 processor, windows 7 64-bit. All drivers and OS service packs were updated over the weekend. Laptop is only a year old and never caused problems playing the sims until the new patch and seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

I played with the patch and expansion for the first time today and it was fine until I saved, at which point it froze and I got the "has stopped working" message so it's not just you.

Advertisement