Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cabinet Value Requests allowed?

• 18-11-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭

Want to check its ok to ask Irish/Kildare value on this site before I put any details/pictures :)

I sold all my previous boards/cabinets collection 5 years ago in England before moving back to Ireland (gutted I sold Judge Dredd pinball, Spy Hunter cabinets, 3 other cabinets and over 70 boards etc.). I just kept a single Jamma+ cabinet which I have had in my office unused since I returned, so there is no point in keeping it any further..

Am I allowed to put details/pictures up on this forum to get an idea of the value in Ireland?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok, I'll allow it.
    But, be aware, this is on the proviso that it not descend into a proxy site for sales.
    If I get a whiff of this thread being used as a shop window or anything other than a request for a valuation then the thread will be deleted and the people involved may be looking at a ban
    I am sorry to have to state this so strongly but we have others trying to use the general A&R forum for commercial gain and it will not be tolerated again, no excuses will be fielded simply infractions and bans.

So, no that that is clear, you can post it up.
    But if you want to sell or trade, please put it up on Adverts or the trading forum here and conduct your business there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Thanks Ciderman.. I appreciate the response, and will guarantee this is the only machine I will be selling.

I'll sort out the details/couple of pics over the next couple of days, post info here and when I get an idea of the Irish price from folks here, make sure that I post it on Adverts.ie as requested in order to sell.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Welease wrote: »
    gutted I sold Judge Dredd pinball

Thanks.

NOOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

:(

That's the one pinball I've been eyeing up myself.

Welease - is it just the cab or do you have any boards left at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats like the dream one I'd love. Even if it was based on the Stallone film I'd still want it!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Sorry about the delay in responding... its been a manic week here..

Just a B.A.S Cab/JPAC and spare 486 PC left now.. All the boards etc. were sold a few years ago..

- Cabinet
    • Manufacturer - B.A.S. Chisnall
    • Powers up fine
    • All Lights/Glass work
    - Monitor
    • Manufacturer - Hantarex MTC9000
    • Original Monitor MTC9000 Manuals
    - Jamma+ Wiring & JPAC connection
    • Jamma+ 2 Players - 6 keys per player
    • JPAC Hardware & Ultimarc Software connection
    • I am going to try and get the 486 PC externally to connect which I will also give as part of the sale (buyer would need to install etc. if they wanted it... if not, I'll throw it in the bin)
    Other
    • Coin supplies etc all light up and work
    • Safety Locks/keys all in place for coins/power etc.. but the rear upper door is missing its key (but could be swapped for one of the others).
    Cabinet.jpg

CabinetRear.jpg

(Note: We do have the upper re-door here... its just not in the photo)

Any idea of the price of this type of arcade machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I bought this exact cabinet for a friends house about 4years ago for €200 iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

When you say 486 do you mean Intel 486?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When you say 486 do you mean Intel 486?:pac:

Cmon...its a DX2 :D

486 is amazing :p (<cough> 15 years ago)..

Thanks for the price value and info.. I appreciate the help. Its cleaned now.

Was just throwing in the PC in case it was an old geezer like me who only plays games from 20+ years ago (if not it goes in the bin here as I used to have a 386 on some of mine years ago :)) :) I just want to get it connected externally to ensure that the Jamma part worked when I sell it (as I dont have any Jamma boards left to check).

It's been so many years since I did anything (apart from clean it down this week, and dig out all the original manuals etc.), I can get a view of the PC connection via Jamma but its a double resolution etc. although memory seems to remind me that is how it will boot until it drops down the 15Mhz when running (which is the bit I can't test)..

My question was just to confirm that the PC test shows the Arcade monitor works, and below there will boot up with the screen doubled as mentioned previously and then it stops at the PC menu systems? i.e. mine looks to work fine, and selling for €200 or so seems like a good value?

Appreciate your help.

MAMEPC.jpg

MAME1.jpg

MAME2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Are you going to change the button layout?

Steve SI wrote: »
    Are you going to change the button layout?

No.. Literally just check that it seems to work ok.. then sell it to get it out of my house..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Check your adverts listing :) Think I've just bought it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Check your adverts listing :) Think I've just bought it

An early Christmas present!
    Thanks Kerbdog!

Yep :) Organising our meeting for this weekend..

Many thanks to the folks (and Boards.ie/Adverts.ie itself) who helped me get this valued etc. so I can finally get rid of the machine to someone who will use it.

Advertisement