Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I get accepted via UCAS, what will I do about accommodation?

• 18-11-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

As I would be accepted into an approved NHS course (nursing or midwifery), they would pay my tuition fees. But as an Irish student heading to England, I wouldn't be entitled to an English maintenance grant.

I am in my first year on an undergraduate course here in Ireland. I only chose the course because I wasn't accepted into a course of my choice. So I am assuming that I would not be entitled to an Irish grant next year as I wouldn't be progressing.

I sent an email to student finance England and I am still awaiting a reply.

Does anyone know anything with regards to finance over there? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

You probably wouldn't get a grant from Ireland for the first year of the course, but you should be able to get it again from second year onwards. You're unlikely to receive anything from student finance in England as you are not resident there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

You won't get a maintenance loan or grant from the UK. However, if you're looking at doing Nursing/midwifery, there might be some NHS bursaries you could apply for. Although I'm pretty sure you have to be resident in the UK for 3 years to get those too.

Talk to your local VEC and explain that you're changing courses, and they'll let you know whether you can apply for the grant next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges.

Advertisement