Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

This happened me on friday when booking beyonce tickets, I was charged €16.16, ive emailed them to cancel, how long did it take for you to get a response from them or were you just refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

michellie wrote: »
    This happened me on friday when booking beyonce tickets, I was charged €16.16, ive emailed them to cancel, how long did it take for you to get a response from them or were you just refunded?

I emailed them - not sure if I had to, but was so píssed off over the operation, I wasn't letting it rest. To be fair to them they got back to me within 48 hours ( think I emailed them on a Saturday, and they got back to me on the 1st working day after - and money was refunded within a few days.

BUT, I didn't contact TM, I got in touch with the crowd who 'sold' me the insurance. See my message #6 on this thread.

GOOD LUCK!

I go to a lot of gigs and so use ticketmaster regularly enough, I bought springstein tickets for kilkenny the other day. If you actually read what you're clicking, it's very hard to get caught out with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

humm - hadn't booked via ticketmaster for a while and got stung by this one myself. interesting to note that the first message on the phone line listed in the confirmation email is a method to cancel your insurance by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I bought a ticket this morning and got caught for it.
    By default it's now included.
    I phoned and sent the e-mail to cancel.

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    I bought a ticket this morning and got caught for it.
    By default it's now included.
    I phoned and sent the e-mail to cancel.

It's not included by default :confused:

I've bought tickets this week and had to choose an option. Just looked there to see and that hasn't changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's not included by default :confused:

I've bought tickets this week and had to choose an option. Just looked there to see and that hasn't changed.

What happens if you don't tick either? Does it automatically presume you want it?

What happens if you don't tick either? Does it automatically presume you want it?

Am open to correction, but I think it does. I clicked nothing when I bought the tickets, and was charged. But that was a while ago, maybe they have changed the system now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,088 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

No.

http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37398/~/what-is-mondial-missed-event-insurance

Mondial Missed Event Insurance is new to customers of Ticketmaster Ireland and is an option people can choose if they wish to take out cover on an event.

The option to add Mondial Missed Event Insurance is at the final stage of your booking. Here you will be given the option to opt in (yes) or opt out (no).

If you do not choose either option, it will default to no and you will not be charged. If you choose yes, you will be charged the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If you do not choose either option, it will default to no and you will not be charged. If you choose yes, you will be charged the

People on this thread have been doing nothing, not choosing either option and it has been defaulting to yes and charging them for something they have not ordered or wanted.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    People on this thread have been doing nothing, not choosing either option and it has been defaulting to yes and charging them for something they have not ordered or wanted.

Why would they do nothing when presented with a YES/NO option to pay extra for insurance if they did not want it? Would it not be logical to tick NO? Is anyone claiming they ticked NO and still got charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

I work for a travel company who has recently started selling insurance as an extra with tickets.

Apparently the way the rules for the cooling off period work is that you can cancel the insurance at any time during the 14 days. For example if you were to take a trip having bought the insurance and the final leg of your trip is within the 14 days of the cooling off period you can literally cancel the policy after you check in at the airport/port for a full refund (Provided you have the means to email the insurance company during office hours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Why would they do nothing when presented with a YES/NO option to pay extra for insurance if they did not want it? Would it not be logical to tick NO? Is anyone claiming they ticked NO and still got charged?

The website are claiming if people do nothing and pick neither it will default to no but that is not the experience of the posters here.

I reckon, on high demand gigs anyway, that people might be rushing to get the tickets and the clock is counting down so they don't read or might not even see the insurance option and miss selecting 'no', especially if they're not used to using Ticketmaster's website.

I reckon, on high demand gigs anyway, that people might be rushing to get the tickets and the clock is counting down so they don't read or might not even see the insurance option and miss selecting 'no', especially if they're not used to using Ticketmaster's website.

You probably just explained exactly what happened toi me JP....thanks for putting it in perspective!

In that scenario they do not get charged. They only get charged if they select YES.

http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37398/~/what-is-mondial-missed-event-insurance

If you do not choose either option, it will default to no and you will not be charged. If you choose yes, you will be charged the advised amount dependant on your ticket price.

In that scenario they do not get charged. They only get charged if they select YES.

If you do not choose either option, it will default to no and you will not be charged. If you choose yes, you will be charged the advised amount dependant on your ticket price.

That's what they say yeah, but look at some of the recent posts here and some are claiming that isn't the case and that even though they've left it blank, it has defaulted to Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Anyone have this email address to take off the insurance, just got stung and defo did not select Yes to insurance... Total <SNIP> artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 osheahealy

hi can any one tell what this mondial miss event insurance covers and did anyone make a claim and actually get some money from them

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mallen

Just bought tickets to Longitude on ticketmaster, definately did not opt in to any insurance, was charged by default. Cancelled by e-mailed and put in a complaint to ticketmaster. This is unfair marketing/selling and should not be allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

mallen wrote: »
    Just bought tickets to Longitude on ticketmaster, definately did not opt in to any insurance, was charged by default. Cancelled by e-mailed and put in a complaint to ticketmaster. This is unfair marketing/selling and should not be allowed.

its illegal now to have default opt in. Even Ryanair don;t do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mallen

I did not choose any insurance. Default opted to Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 glasseye

Same here, didn't check anything?

It has to be <SNIP>.

Called ticket master to complain and their charged number 0818903001, rang out twice.

Called Allianz and they agreed to refund, but said it will take 5-7 days. Took them seconds to take the money out?

They must get a lot of complaint about this because 50% of the first email from Allianz is taken up with how to get your money back. Therefore they know its a <SNIP>

Ohh.. and the best bit if you want to follow the Allianz complaints procedure, you have to pay for the privilege by ringing a UK number +44208603 9853.

Now there's customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

just got caught by this <SNIP> too. 7.52 extra charged to my account on top of the already exorbitant ticket prices is a pill too bitter to swallow. It's incredibly sneaky. Ive emailed them requesting immediate refund. The fact that the first option on the phone line is giving the email address should you wish to cancel the insurance suggests to me they know exactly what theyre at.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Ticketmaster / Allianz are still sneaking this charge on.
    Not only that, they will only pay out on a missed event (based on their terms and conditions (which are only emailed after purchased)), due to following reason with proof.

• The death, serious injury or serious illness of you or a relative;
    • You are called for jury service in the Republic of Ireland or as a witness in a court in the Republic of Ireland;
    • You are needed by the Gardai following a burglary, or damage caused by serious fire, storm, flood, explosion, subsidence, vandalism, fallen trees, impact by aircraft or vehicle at your home;
    • The public transport (including scheduled flights) that you are using to get you to the event venue does not run to its timetable; or
    • The vehicle you are travelling in has an accident or breaks down or is delayed in a traffic jam for more than 3 hours, when there is no alternative route available.

In this day an age its not enough to provide them with an unused (barcoded) ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

syl77 wrote: »
    In this day an age its not enough to provide them with an unused (barcoded) ticket.
    Touts would clean up if that was the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Just got stung for this (Munster-Leinster game) and I definitely did not select it.

The touts outside the stadium are more honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

gaius c wrote: »
    Just got stung for this (Munster-Leinster game) and I definitely did not select it.

The touts outside the stadium are more honest.

Why didn't you just select "NO"?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I haven't ordered concert tickets for a few years on TM Ireland, getting old and little free time these days:(

However, I was ordering some last week and after I went through the purchase process, I got a message about ticket insurance. Now Normally if I was booking a flight I would scan the screen to make sure I hadn't selected something that I didn't want to pay for, but the last time I bought concert tickets, I never had anything like this.

So it appears that some checkbox must have been pre-selected for me to buy insurance for the tickets, and I didn't notice it before I hit the BUY button.

Sneaky gits.

So the 2 tickets cost me £39 and the insurance an additional £7.50.

So a warning for others to keep an eye out for this additional charge on the TM website, their fees per ticket are high enough without paying for insurance you might not want.

Edit: thanks Dudara, didn't notice that there was already another thread about the ticket insurance. Pity I hadn't read it last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into older thread

dudara

Advertisement