Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Faculty Scarves

Options
  • 18-11-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just looking on the owle wiki page of UCD there, and there's a page up about each school's scarf colours (Law, science etc), thought this wasn't being done anymore? Am I wrong or what? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

They used to sell the faculty scarves in the SU shop underneath the library, I definitely remember seeing them there at some point.
    They aren't there at the moment though - whether they're in storage or they're never coming back, I don't know. My guess is the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

They used to sell the faculty scarves in the SU shop underneath the library, I definitely remember seeing them there at some point.
    They aren't there at the moment though - whether they're in storage or they're never coming back, I don't know. My guess is the latter.

Maybe the UCD shop in the Restaurant building? Haven't looked myself but I'd imagine if anyone knew they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

ironclaw wrote: »
    Maybe the UCD shop in the Restaurant building? Haven't looked myself but I'd imagine if anyone knew they would.

I know there are scarves there but I don't know if they have the individual colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The ties certainly won't be making a comeback according to the lady in the shop. :(

The ties certainly won't be making a comeback according to the lady in the shop. :(

Damn... should've gotten one which stocks lasted...

• Advertisement

As sarcastic as that sounds, I'm telling the truth! I really woulda like one for when I'm older and will have more excuses to be wearing ties...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Anyone know why they're getting rid of all that stuff? Not that I was overly interested in getting any of it in the first place, but curious as to why they're getting rid of it?

Undoubtedly due to lack of demand, I imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 StrayCat1

perhaps due to the shame of being really proud of your subject choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Definitely a lack of demand, although you do see the odd ones floating around, I just would have thought it would be harmless enough to keep a small rotating stock in the shop and maybe once a year top up whatever sold the previous year, the small profit should cover the costs, but it's the tradition thing I would have thought they would try to maintain, as wasn't that a big thing in UCD in years gone by? Not my cup of tea, but shame to see old traditions die off.

On a side note, I buy the odd piece from the UCD SU Shop, such as the UCD T-Shirts which are nice and only cost a tenner, have two. Got one in first year and second year.

I don't like any of their other stuff, but before I leave I'll definitely try to splurge on a hoodie from the better shop in the foreign student building, some really nice stuff in there, but seriously expensive. Aimed at the U.S. erasmus market no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Speaking of scarves, did anyone happen to find a blue scarf which said Russia on it on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I found a blue one that said USSR today

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I don't like any of their other stuff, but before I leave I'll definitely try to splurge on a hoodie from the better shop in the foreign student building, some really nice stuff in there, but seriously expensive. Aimed at the U.S. erasmus market no doubt.

Wheres this building now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Probably means the internationals place.

Advertisement