Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing (End of the Year Edition)

• 18-11-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭

Still on Playthrough 1 of Borderlands 2. I love it, but if I'm being honest, I don't think I'm enjoying it as much as the first game. I'll still do 2 playthroughs and all DLC though.

With Episode 5 of Walking Dead out next week, I see myself playing through them in sequence (I've only played the trial of the first one, and I've heard nothing but great things about the series).

Playing Fallblox (3DSware), Mole Mania (3DS Virtual Console) and the latest Professor Layton on my 3DS, and really enjoying them all. Looking foward to Paper Mario Sticker Star in a few weeks, and Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (out next week) looks like a really promising throwback to 16-bit 2D Mickey Mouse platformers (review).

On the iPod I'm playing Gear Jack (a terrific platformer that's a runner mixed with Super Meatboy) and Polara (a platformer that's a runner mixed with Ikaruga).

On the Android, I'm beta testing DeV's new game and looking forward to seeing it through to release - it's a cracker.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Walking Dead Ep 5 out this week
    NBA 2K13
    Assassins Creed 3
    Black Ops 2
    Borderlands 2
    Fifa 13
    Resident Evil 6
    And I wany to get Hitman Absolution.

Dunno how I'm going to get through all of em.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mostly guild wars 2 and euro truck simulator 2 :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still playing Sleeping Dogs, have almost all the collectibles and side missions done but still have about 5 story missions left, great game, possibly the first game in all my time owning an xbox that I'll try and complete 100%

Mass Effect 3
    - Started it recently but Sleeping Dogs took over as my main game, will get back to it this week

On the laptop - Replaying the first Borderlands, about 20 hours in but never played any of the DLC before so looking forward to getting stuck into that

Nothing else at the moment really, have Bayonetta and Vanquish in the backlog on xbox and numerous games on steam that I'll hopefully get around to eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Blops2 and Assassins Creed 3 at the mo, and zookeeper dx on my phone, addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Replaying Borderlands atm, roughly 40 hours done and finished Playthrough 1 and have moved onto the DLC's.

Batman Arkham City has just been bought and will be started later today.

Played the trial of the first Walking Dead. Bought the pack on Steam for €15 a few weeks back and will play them all in a row once episode 5 comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I've started the Assassins Creed Brotherhood again. Just to refresh my memories while waiting till I get Assassins Creed 3 for Christmas :/. And I've started the Guildwars - never thought it was such a cool game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Just finished NIER and have started NG+.

Have finally downloaded the DLC for Dark Souls but am now stuck on O&S with my current build!

Still bashing away on Y's 7 on Vita.

Contemplating which two out of Dishonoured, Xcom, HALO 4, RE6 and Tales of Graces to pick up over Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just finished with Borderlands 2, clocked in over 90hours of it, fair to say i got my monies worth
    Planetside 2 is out soon and i'll be sinking hundreds of hours into that and that's all before the new year ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Assassins Creed 3 - pretty much a full-time commitment :pac: So many distractions - some good (loving the 'peg leg' sidequests), some bad (the amount of inane collectibles you need to collect to unlock the good stuff!). It's such a big, dense game that it's inevitably uneven, but it's mostly compelling and the new locations certainly add a new layer to the experience.

Under Defeat HD - Pew pew pew! Doesn't look like many people are playing this, going by the leaderboards (I was placed 11th after a fairly mediocre run) :(

I have downloaded a lot of stuff on PS+ and have subsequently began dabbling in it. Double Dragon Neon is cheesy fun (although the aesthetics are arguably stronger than the game itself). Motorstorm Apocalypse is good fun if marred IMO by the series' frustrating floaty physics and mechanics. Bulletstorm / Borderlands have yet to be installed, as has Dyad (the demo did impress me much).

Portable wise, I finished 150cc mode in Mario Kart 7 when a friend lent it to me - really weird and niche lineup of unlockable characters! Waiting for Virtue's Last Reward to appear near the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Playing EVE online on 2 accounts mostly. Or 2 accounts EVE + WoW/Diablo 3

then mixing it up with Driver, which such a great game. i cant believe ubisoft pulled that off.

Jagged alliance back in action now and then. Kind of like it, but i dont like it that new combat system. If the cod made definition of " who shoots first - Wins" then JA took that concept and ran away with it to the woods to make "back in action".

Still playing MOH Warfighter. Still enjoying it.

Looking forward on to delivery from zavvi this or next year of Resident evil revalations for 3DS and XCOM for PC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Re-playing, after I originally played it on my Playstation 1, Abe's Oddysee.

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo. Follow me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Re-playing, after I originally played it on my Playstation 1, Abe's Oddysee.

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo. Follow me.

hehe i forgot that i play FF9 on vita too now! Psone FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm jumnping from title to title at the moment. Since I've been mighty busy, I haven't really had enough time to throw myself headfirst into a game, so I'm grabbing shotburts of play whenever I can. So I'm playing:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)- It does exactly what you'd expect from a Castlevania game really. Long, challenging, and very entertaining.

Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)- Just kinda starting off on this one. I've never actually played a Zelda game before, so I'm really looking forward to delving into this.

WWE: Smackdown Vs Raw 2011( Xbox 360)- It was only a fiver, so I thought why the hell not. Good craic with the housemates playing that one.

Bloody Roar 3 (PS2)- There's just no way in Hell I can play this without having a complete blast. A fighting game where the characters transform into savage beasts? Where do I sign?

Corpse Party (PSP)- Just started this one last night. So far, there's been more dialogue than gameplay, yet I'm hugely intrigued about how the whole game will play out. I can see myself sinking some hours into this one.

I've also got Red Dead Redemption sitting here waiting to be played, I just need find the time to get into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not really focusing on any one game but I've been playing some San Andreas, Tiger Woods, Skyrim (though I've no non-radiant quests left to do) and The Witcher 2 (haven't really got into yet though).

Tempted to get NBA 2k13 and Assassin's Creed 3 to keep me occupied till GTA V

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Currently playing through Dishonored, really enjoying it, like a cross between Bioshock and Assassins Creed.

Next up I'll be playing AC Revelations, and then onto AC 3, then Dead Island, and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.

I also want to give Medal of Honor: Frontline a play through for old time's sake, although I'm not interested in playing any of the new MOH's.

Still playing BF3, currently Colonel Service Star 9 (54), although progress has slowed down considerably.

I gave up on Cod after Blops 1, but I may give Blops 2 a whirl too

EDIT: The Walking Dead Ep 5 next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Right now I'm knee deep in Assassin's Creed 3. I think it will keep me occupied for a good while.

I also have NFS: Most Wanted started but taking a back seat to AC3. Other than those two I have no other plans for new games for the rest of the year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mostly portable stuff at the moment.

The game that is taking up most of my time is Etrian Odyssey. It's pretty much the best dungeon crawler I've ever played, wonderful stuff.

I've also been playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. It's a great conversion of a great game.

I've also been playing a lot of the Neo Geo Pocket. Faselei! mostly, it's a great and unique strategy RPG, a bit like Frozen Synapse. Very difficult though.

Been playing a few fighters on it like SNK vs Capcom, Gal Fighters and King of Fighters R2.

I must get back to Thief 2 as well. Only really have time for portables at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I must get back to playing again. Currently working through SUper Scribblenauts on the DS, but Okamiden is on my shelf staring at me so that will probably be played instead.

Got the Walking Dead off Amazon for $15 so hope to start that just in time for the final episode coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hitman: Absolution and Guild Wars 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Xcom and ME3 multiplayer, was thinking of getting a mass effect trilogy full run, 1through to 3 with all the dlc after the omega one is launched at the end of the month.

Too much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Finished Sleeping Dogs, just doing the extra stuff now after the campaigns end and really thinking about getting some of the DLC. Found it to be a slightly soulless but still very enjoyable GTA clone. The hand to hand combat isnt Arkham City but its a great addition anyway.

Have Hitman Absolution and Farcry 3 coming up, but will probably leave them get patched up and go back into Skyrim for Christmas after an 8/9 month hiatus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Currently playing ME3 multiplayer( thought omega was being released on the 20th ), Star trek online, dungeon defenders, and will be playing Planetside 2 when it launches on Tuesday

Also randomly playing swtor now that its f2p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Currently playing ME3 multiplayer( thought omega was being released on the 20th ), Star trek online, dungeon defenders, and will be playing Planetside 2 when it launches on Tuesday

Also randomly playing swtor now that its f2p

27th i believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pcnoobie

at the moment
    only have 1 game
    mw2
    trying to complete all the spec ops missions on 3 star
    very very difficult
    come christmas day
    il be spending my time on, hitman absolution , ac3 ,nba2k13 and black ops 2
    prob get fifa 13 aswell

and funny enough all that will be outta my own pocket so im looking at a very dear christmas this year :L
    should be worth it though :)
    also i just completed ac2 brotherhood ( which i found so far the worst out of them all )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Been playing ACIII not really enjoying it but I paid €50 for it so I will grind through it. Have Dishonored, Pokemon Black 2 and the new Layton waiting too. Thinking of picking up a new 3DS game or Hitman next week aswell.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC:
    Black Ops II
    F1 2012
    CS:GO

PSP:
    Persona 3 Portable (again :P)

DS:
    Mario Kart DS (again)
    Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box
    Hotel Dusk (again)

Android:
    Playing though DeV's game.

tbh I've not had much time to play anything with work and other commitments... Everything above is played in minimal time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Finished Dead Island last week, just finished Sleeping Dogs last night and started Assassin's Creed 3 today, And I'm playing through GTA San Andreas on PC, I'm doing it properly this time doing missions, just got to the Badlands area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

PC:

Second playthrough of Xcom on Classic Ironman which is a total ball buster.
    Natural Selection 2 - just an excellent game really.
    Dota2 - Going to take serious hours to get to a competitive level of any kind but I'll try!

PS3:

PvPing in Dark Souls on a new build and loving it all over again.
    Bought BLOPS2 on impulse but finished with it already, didn't even finish the campaign. :(
    Going to pick up Sonic all star racing soon, looks great.

Vita:

Still just playing PSone classics here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just playing cs a lot at the minute, and probably a lot of planetside 2 starting tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Play LoL regularly. So many hours put in to a free game its madness to see people pay over the odds for a few hours of a game.

Have Dead Island, AVP and Skyrim to keep me busy over Christmas.

And in and out of BF3 on occasion. Easy, fast, fun. :)

Advertisement