Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working and surfing.

Options
  • 18-11-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Alright lads looking for a bit of advise. Me and a pal where thinking of working abroad for the summer. Decided that if i could i would love to get a job next too the sea with a few waves. Anyone have any advise on jobs i could get and what resorts would have jobs. I am a qualified pool guard and have worked for 1 year and a bit as a waiter so i have experience. I currently have a job as a barman too. Not great at surfing so surf instructor totally out of the question. Thanks a million. He will be 19 by may and i will be 19 end of july if that has any bearing on certain places employing !!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

you could try the south coast of england, or west france, they have big camp sites would need pool attendants and bar staff...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

you could try the south coast of england, or west france, they have big camp sites would need pool attendants and bar staff...

Thank you for the advise. I'd say i would stay away from England anyway looking for a bit of sun too. Would France not require a good level of French? I did it for the LC and got B3 but i wouldnt be near good enough too last everyday life there in work just enough too get by.

Yea you'd some French but you's pick it up if you did it for the LC and it would stand to you, unless you want to go to Spain or Portugal with zero of either. Camp sites that get lots of Irish and English visitors would be a good bet look up euro camp

Yea you'd some French but you's pick it up if you did it for the LC and it would stand to you, unless you want to go to Spain or Portugal with zero of either. Camp sites that get lots of Irish and English visitors would be a good bet look up euro camp

Looked up all the main camps around Europe that are based in England yet i can only really find admin jobs or the likes, no entertainment bar work nothing. Ill keep on the hunt. Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Try some of the Irish bars around San Sebastian / Biarritz etc?

• Advertisement

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/destinations/france/vendee-france.html
    Keep moving the map South Lacanau would be good

Sleepy wrote: »
    Try some of the Irish bars around San Sebastian / Biarritz etc?
    Trying that now alright San Sebastian looks the better bet for jobs from what i can see with more lively irish bars. What would places like tenerife and Lanzarote be like for surfing? Gonna throw out CV's too every pub, pool, waterpark and restaurant i can find in the hope that me and my friend get a place together.
    http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/destinations/france/vendee-france.html
    Keep moving the map South Lacanau would be good

The camp itself looks unreal yet I'm back to the same recruitment page and can only see couriers, area support etc. I'll email them there and see what the craic is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Try selling yourself as a handyman:D

acb295b8d2690e07a939526eeed4a720-man-rides-ladder-attached-to-surfboard.jpg

Creative.. i like it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

What would places like tenerife and Lanzarote be like for surfing?

Playa de las Americas, very good surf, no shortage of bars/restaurants to work in either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Or somewhere in the states

rodento wrote: »
    Or somewhere in the states

Dont have the cash to hit the u.s. at the moment anyway :(

Advertisement