Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom working on FTTC hav caused existing customers speeds to reduce erratically

• 18-11-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭

I've had serious problems with Vodafone broadband for over a month.
    I have been on to tech support every second day about a previously steady broadband speed now being all over the place and sometimes no broadband at all.

After talking to Vodafone and getting the run around they finally put you on to engineers that say its fine and wont come out to the house. This happened 4 times. When complaining to a friend about this it turned out they actually had a brother who is an engineer with Eircom. He put me in touch and he told this.

Anyone having speed issues on what was previously a stable speed should check to see is your exchange one of the ones getting upgraded to fibre. Apparently the upgrade work that are being done has messed up a lot of peoples steady broadband, but its being kept quiet so they dont get complaints. I've now complained to COMREG and urge others suffering with the same problem to do the same.

So now if you have worse broadband speeds which are up and down over the course of each day you know why.
    First thing to do is check has your exchange been just upgraded for FTTC recently, even though you cant get Fibre yet.
    Dont let them fob you off either.

I've checked with all the neighbors who are on Eircom or vodafone broadband and theirs is the same story. Gone sh1t the last month or more. All being told its their modems. Even though some of us have tried two or three different modems.

Comments

Advertisement