Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paprika Cream Sauce

Options
  • 18-11-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Has anyone made a nice paprika cream sauce? Im cooking chicken and potatoes today and trying to make a sauce I had before at a resteraunt. It was just call paprika cream sauce and it was a pinkish colour. Ive googled and any results I have found are not the pink colour. All the recipes use sour cream, is that the right cream for this type of sauce and should I use sweet or smokey paprika?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Probably cooked like the sauce for a stroganoff. You could sweat off some finely diced onion with sliced mushroom. Once soft, turn up the heat and add a glass of white wine. Cook to reduce the wine, then add sour cream and paprika to taste. Add a little salt to adjust the seasoning and strain through a fine sieve to serve the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paprika is also the name for bell peppers. So maybe the sauce was made with roast red peppers, and not the dried spice. The red flesh would give the cream a pink colour. If the restaurant was "foreign" that distinction could have been lost in translation.

I'd try something like;
    Quarter and De-seed a red pepper.
    Stick under the grill until the skin turns black. Remove skin and finely chop
    In a pan saute a finely chopped onion in some butter, once soft add the pepper, paprika (spice) and some stock (or white wine)
    Reduce and stir in some cream.

Advertisement