Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco : Wine offer 25% off 6 or more bottles of Wine 19Nov to 11 dec

• 18-11-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭

Tesco
    From tomorrow 19 Nov until 11 Dec, 25% off any 6 bottles or more of wine, champagne, port or sherry. The discount replaces the usual 5% six bottle discount, but can be used with any wine already on offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rigel

Is this an online offer, Tesco Maynooth would only give 5% on 6 bottles today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Rigel wrote: »
    Is this an online offer, Tesco Maynooth would only give 5% on 6 bottles today?

its from tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Just wanna pimp this a little, it's a very good offer and probably the last 25% off wines promo before Christmas (and the budget):

2zs7aky.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Looking at the special offers you could leverage this with.

Faustino I @ €15 (saving €7.99) after the 25% discount would be €11.25 a bottle.
    Faustino V @ €12 (saving €4.99) after the 25% discount would be €9 a bottle.

Brilliant prices for either!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Do you need to have a club card to get the discount. Or it is immediately at the till?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Lenny wrote: »
    Do you need to have a club card to get the discount. Or it is immediately at the till?

Immediately taken off at till :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Lenny wrote: »

There's no Clubcard needed its 25% straight off at the till in money, not in vouchers. You should see the discount at the end of your receipt. The discount is off any combination of 6 bottles or more of wine or champagne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What if the wine is already marked down say from €12 to €10 euro?

I assume they still count towards this? ie the wine doesnt have to be a full price bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

What if the wine is already marked down say from €12 to €10 euro?

I assume they still count towards this? ie the wine doesnt have to be a full price bottle.

It dosn't. If it's marked down already you still get the 25% off as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

A bit O/T I know, but according to this article on Bitterwallet, the price of wine is due to rise next year as a result of all the bad weather this year. So now is the time to take advantage of any price reductions

http://www.bitterwallet.com/wine-to-be-become-more-expensive-thanks-to-stupid-grape-vendors/60766

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Bought 6 bottles of wine (half price, prevously priced at 11.99 - 13-99) and 12 cans of Marstons Pedigree for a €35 with some change

Friday sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DunnesStores are offering 25% back on their valuclub card on all 6 bottles or more of wine and champagne until 04/12/12.

Noonan announced €1 tax duty on a 75cl bottle of wine from midnight.
    To the shops!!

Edit: that's €1 duty per bottle + the usual 23% vat on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

the north must be rubbing their hands after hearing that!everyone will be up there buying alcohol in the troly loads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

bri007 wrote: »
    the north must be rubbing their hands after hearing that!everyone will be up there buying alcohol in the troly loads

At €1 a bottle you'd need to either buy a huge amount to cover the cost of your journey there or be living within a very short drive. When is the UK budget where booze will almost certainly be hit again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

must drop into tesco later to stock up another 6, €1 a bottle is enough when its already creeping up as it is.
    They have some nice McGuigan for 7 euro on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

so will we say the 20 bottles of heineken that can usually be got for 15 euro go up as well tonight?

gustafo wrote: »
    so will we say the 20 bottles of heineken that can usually be got for 15 euro go up as well tonight?

It would only go up by about 60c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

gustafo wrote: »

Id say that might be ok,usually the big chains like tesco dunnes will absorb the hit on the beer and lager as they get it in bulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

snubbleste wrote: »
    Noonan announced €1 tax duty on a 75cl bottle of wine from midnight.
    To the shops!!

I can't wait for to get home and the missus piss herself laughing at the wine increase (shes a smoker so not been hit as much but way more expensive than my wine habit)

I brought 6 bottles from Tesco at lunchtime and will be rolled out the car at the first sign of her laughter.

Bitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Get to tesco quick:
    Picture of wine aisles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

jimogr wrote: »
    Get to tesco quick:
    Picture of wine aisles

:D

I'd love to know how total sales of alcohol today compare to average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

snubbleste wrote: »

Nope, the €1 includes VAT. Also, duty has already been paid on all of the booze so it will take a while for the increase to filter through as all of the off licences will have stocked up for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

So if we hit Tesco tomorrow, no price increase yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

So if we hit Tesco tomorrow, no price increase yet?

Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"And now, the 6.01 news brings you live to a wine aisle in Tesco.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone ever try to get this offer online? I'm trying, but the 25% isn't deducted at checkout. I'm at the payment page now, and no saving from the multibuy at all.
    Says on the ad 'applied...at point of purchase and not when items are placed in basket'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Anyone ever try to get this offer online? I'm trying, but the 25% isn't deducted at checkout. I'm at the payment page now, and no saving from the multibuy at all.
    Says on the ad 'applied...at point of purchase and not when items are placed in basket'

I think they deduct it the day your order is being delivered/paid for not when you checkout online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Galadriel wrote: »
    I think they deduct it the day your order is being delivered/paid for not when you checkout online.

Could you pull them up on that then when it's delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Could you pull them up on that then when it's delivered

Often happened to me. It does not appear in your checkout as the offer is dependent on the date of delivery. As long as it is delivered on or before the date of the offer ending it will appear in the receipt the driver gives you on delivery. Failing that I have found emailing the customer services very helpful in settling any queries of being overcharged dealt with promptly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not at 0.80p they won't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Was out in Tesco in Maynooth earlier. The drinks aisles (wine in particular) was like a mosh pit with trollies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

machalla wrote: »
    Was out in Tesco in Maynooth earlier. The drinks aisles (wine in particular) was like a mosh pit with trollies.

Same in Ashbourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

machalla wrote: »

Same in Tesco Lucan. I was there with my trolly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

unkel wrote: »
    Same in Tesco Lucan. I was there with my trolly :D

and galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Combined €1 duty saving, 25% discount, and a "spend 80, get 12 off" voucher with existing wine deals for maximum thriftiness :D

snappieT wrote: »
    Combined €1 duty saving, 25% discount, and a "spend 80, get 12 off" voucher with existing wine deals for maximum thriftiness :D

Ah ****, didn't think the vouchers would work, I could've got them to pay me to take some wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Best boost for pre-Christmas sales ever. The independent Off-Licence people have already said they will absorb the increase as will 'most' *pubs.

*A certain Dublin based pub chain with a presence in Galway put most of their prices up by 25cent last week so they could be ahead of the posse. Will be interesting to see what they do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just under 2 hours left on the 25% off

Hurry!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just under 2 hours left on the 25% off

Hurry!!!

Thanks. Time for panic buying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Any other sources of an offer like this?
    Tesco have finished their one.
    I got 6 bottles about 2 weeks ago but they are gone :-(

M&S have €7 off €50 spend on alcohol + food next week http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056831766

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

No M&S in Limerick though :-(

Advertisement