If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV options

Options
  • 18-11-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi RS,
    I'm looking to purchase a new TV and would like to get the opinions of your knowledgeable staff!
    Could you make a suggestion as to the best (in your opinion) 55" TV to go for at the moment and also provide the best possible prices for your suggestions as well :D
    I'm also looking for a sound system to go with this and was thinking of the BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS SE (White) so suppose I'd need a suitable AV Receiver as well.

Cheers,
    Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Steve.

Cheers for the post.

There are quite a few options in the 55" department and even more in the A/V receiver department.

On the receiver front, I would take a look at the Onkyo TXNR515 which is now down to £349.95 or the Denon AVR1713 which is the same price. Out of these 2, my choice would be on the Denon as Denon and Boston work brilliantly toegether than that Denon is a brilliant amp. Brilliantly musically as well as home cinema.

On the TV side of things, the LG 55LM670T is a great TV with excellent styling, motion handling and features. Comes with free blu ray player, 5 year warranty and £50 acetrax credit.

This is a brilliant value for money TV that is passive 3D, smart and ticks all the boxes.

There are others which are more expensive than this but let me know what you make of these.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Thanks for the reply Dave,
    Here are some TV's I was looking at:
    Samsung UE55ES7000
    LG 55LM860V
    LG 55LM670T (as suggested)
    SONY BRAVIA KDL55HX853
    From these what would your recommendation be?

On the AV side, I see there is a bundle deal for the TXNR515 & Boston Acoustics Soundware XS SE White.
    Also the TXNR515 seems much beefier than the AVR1713, but that goes against your suggestion that the Denon is better with this speaker package.

So what do you suggest?
    Cheers,
    Steve

Hi Dave,
    Just been looking again, between the Boston Soundware XS and the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 which would u go for?

Cheers

Bump, looking to get this sorted soon

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Samsung UE55ES7000 with..
    Onkyo TXNR515
    Boston 5.1 Pack
    £2499.95

LG 55LM860V with..
    Onkyo TXNR515
    Boston 5.1 Pack
    £2349.95

LG 55LM670T with ..
    Onkyo TXNR515
    Boston 5.1 Pack
    £1929.95

SONY BRAVIA KDL55HX853 with..
    Onkyo TXNR515
    Boston 5.1 Pack
    £2069.95

All nice kit - my own preference would be the LM860 tho'

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    PM sent...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.