Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a pet terrapin(musk terrapin)

Options
  • 18-11-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys,so I was wondering what pet shops in north cork (town) sell terrapins?(specifically a musk terrapin) Does the pet shop in North main street sell them?Also how much do the tanks cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

soderz wrote: »
    Hey guys,so I was wondering what pet shops in north cork (town) sell terrapins?(specifically a musk terrapin) Does the pet shop in North main street sell them?Also how much do the tanks cost?

terrapins are cheap , considering the amount of them being dumped in ponds etc...

you are going to want a fishtank with a minimum 4ft , a good external filter too
    dryland in the tank and a good vet too

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

Would you consider adopting instead of buying? I adopted my 3 about 6 months ago and love them to bits! There are plenty of terrapins that have been dumped and need re-homing - they are a wide range of ages too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

abbyw1989 wrote: »
    Would you consider adopting instead of buying? I adopted my 3 about 6 months ago and love them to bits! There are plenty of terrapins that have been dumped and need re-homing - they are a wide range of ages too.

I had a RES for over a decade and I am thinking of getting another one. Im fully aware of how many need to be rehomed, but Im not seeing any ads for rehoming. Do you have any links?

These guys just took in 80 rescues last month https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-And-Stephanies-TerrapinTurtle-Sanctuary If you can't follow that link, just search for Richard and Stephanies Terrapin Turtle Sanctuary on Facebook. It's highly unlikely they don't have any for adoption/know someone that wants to re-home their pet. Good luck with your new terrapin :)

Just remembered this lovely woman as well, she works with the Terrapin/Turtle sanctuary https://www.facebook.com/kayleighs.sanctuary deals with all types of reptiles. They should be able to help you out :)

• Advertisement

These guys just took in 80 rescues last month https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-And-Stephanies-TerrapinTurtle-Sanctuary If you can't follow that link, just search for Richard and Stephanies Terrapin Turtle Sanctuary on Facebook. It's highly unlikely they don't have any for adoption/know someone that wants to re-home their pet. Good luck with your new terrapin :)

where did you see they took in 80 pins , as they did not take them in

A hoarder had agreed to give up his/her animals and there was 80 terrapins to be collected. That was the last I heard.... If they didn't take in the 80 then they still have plenty of terrapins that they have rescued and need adoption.

A hoarder had agreed to give up his/her animals and there was 80 terrapins to be collected. That was the last I heard.... If they didn't take in the 80 then they still have plenty of terrapins that they have rescued and need adoption.

can i ask you where you heard this from , about the hoarder ?

A few reptile groups and animal welfare groups - why? Have you heard other information? I don't know the people personally, so was just taking the information from hearing it.

i know richard , and can confirm that this is not true

• Advertisement

Oh ok, I saw it go up on Facebook on his sanctuary's page and on the Reptile Ireland page to fundraise for it and both posts have disappeared now. I was thinking that was a huge hoard for anyone to take on!

Advertisement