Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoration Yard / Salvage Yard

Options
  • 18-11-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Good evening

Bought a house recently doing it up bit by bit like everybody at the moment on a tight budget

Looking to find a salvage yard in cork or restoration yard for a few bits ... Gates , bricks , stone , chimney pots etc

Does any body know of some places I should check out ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I havent been to any of these but I asked the question a while back and this was what i got back "loftus have/had a yard up in dublin hill, i bought timber there a few years back, and there is another one in healys bridge (near anglers rest, beyond the filling station) and i think the second hand store on popes quay carrys some architectural salvage too. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lostincork

Milly33 wrote: »
    I havent been to any of these but I asked the question a while back and this was what i got back "loftus have/had a yard up in dublin hill, i bought timber there a few years back, and there is another one in healys bridge (near anglers rest, beyond the filling station) and i think the second hand store on popes quay carrys some architectural salvage too. hope this helps.
    Thanks for the response

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Not sure if its still there, but there used to be a terrific one just off of the straight road. If memory serves, driving from town heading towards ballincollig, you go past the sports ground on the left & its the next turning on the left- about 200 yards down on the left hand side was a yard full of what you are looking for.

Haven't been there for a couple of years, but may be worth a look

Advertisement