Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator Buttons Showing on Other Forums

Options
  • 18-11-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but it seems weird to me so here goes...

When I'm browsing C+H (the forum I mod), beside the Report Post icon for each post there's the infraction and Muppet-check buttons.

When I browse other forums on the site, those aren't there, which I assume is how it should be.

However, when I quick reply to a thread, those buttons suddenly appear regardless of which forum I'm in.

229148.JPG
    *Example from the TV forum last night, still happening consistently.

Using Google Chrome on Windows 7 Home (64-bit).

Sorry if this is a well known issue, nothing showed up in a search anyway. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I've confirmed this as a (weird) issue, thanks for the bug report. We'll look into it as soon as we can.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

This should be sorted now. Thanks for reporting the bug, looks like it has been around since we launched modutils v3!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Awesome.

EDIT: Yup, fixed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Seems as though this isn't fully resolved after all...

Just there, the same thing happened, except it was only the post directly above mine that got the buttons (see the screenshot).

This seems to be a very random thing, as it's not happening consistently for me.

232886.JPG

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think it happens sometimes if a post is posted to the thread between you loading the page and you using quick reply. I've noticed it but haven't been able to repro again.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement