Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA Joint Honours - Irish and Music Qs

Options
  • 18-11-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

So I'm interested in the Irish and Music Joint Honours Arts degree. I'm in leaving cert now so I'd be looking at starting in UCD next year. Anyway, I forgot to ask this question at the open day yesterday.

Basically, I am interested in the BA International degree where you spend third year abroad....what I want to know is : is this possible to do with Irish being one of my main subjects? Are there partner universities with UCD around the world that teach Irish? Or when you go abroad do you only study one of your subjects i.e. music?

I'd appreciate any replies! Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Yes, you can do an International year.
    They do have partner Uni's that look at Celtic languages but how much focuses on Irish is something you would have to check with your school, who should have a list but only for the Erasmus places. In non-erasmus places you'd have to make sure they offer appropriate subjects and you'd take to the International offices. Music would offer a wider range of places within Europe
    You would be able to study both of the subjects but this must be agreed before hand about what classes you would take, but regardless where you go the course content must be agreed.

Take a good look here for some of the info.

Advertisement