Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown Thomas discounts

• 18-11-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Are there any means of getting a discount in BT, card etc?
    Prices are steep enough, Every little helps

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are there any means of getting a discount in BT, card etc?
    Prices are steep enough, Every little helps

None that I'm aware of.

Their sales can be good, and for cosmetics, the different companies often do promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

There is the Brown Thomas Black loyalty card. I'm not 100% sure how it works, you accumulate points with purchases but that's all I know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Is there any particular product you're looking to get? There's some stuff you won't ever get on discount, but I think you could part pay with points. The points are very hard to rack up to anything worthwhile though in the first place, and they expire every year.

Twee. wrote: »
    Is there any particular product you're looking to get? There's some stuff you won't ever get on discount, but I think you could part pay with points. The points are very hard to rack up to anything worthwhile though in the first place, and they expire every year.

I never really understood how the BT loyalty card worked so just don't bother with it. Will only get stuff in BT that I can't get elsewhere like MAC, but for Estee Lauder or Clarins, I'll go to Boots as the Boots card is a lot easier to rack up points on. For Chanel stuff, I try to get them in Boots Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I know youre asking about BTs, and you cant bate walking around some of their designer sections, but for cosmetics (say I use Liz Arden and Clarins), their reward card is much much better value.

I spent e70 in there today, and I got e7 on reward card. No way youd get that in BTs.

• Advertisement

I never really understood how the BT loyalty card worked so just don't bother with it. Will only get stuff in BT that I can't get elsewhere like MAC, but for Estee Lauder or Clarins, I'll go to Boots as the Boots card is a lot easier to rack up points on. For Chanel stuff, I try to get them in Boots Liffey Valley.

It's awfully complicated, and I worked there :eek: Their Delights are the only way to use the points if you're not a super spender http://www.brownthomas.com/category/delights-loyalty/

I'd be the same, if I was buying the premium brand cosmetics I'd try get them in Boots, or my mam has the Arnotts card so there's often promotions on for it. Damn BT having the only Mac!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

BT don't do discounts apart from their sales. There is a loyalty card but building up points is near impossible unless you are spending substantial amounts regularly.

Arnotts or Debenhams beauty club is great if you are buying cosmetics. Apparently there is a new MAC shop opening on Henry St so maybe they will have better sales/discounts themselves??

Valentina wrote: »
    BT don't do discounts apart from their sales. There is a loyalty card but building up points is near impossible unless you are spending substantial amounts regularly.

Arnotts or Debenhams beauty club is great if you are buying cosmetics. Apparently there is a new MAC shop opening on Henry St so maybe they will have better sales/discounts themselves??

The Mac store is a BT2 store, but just Mac. It's open :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Twee. wrote: »
    The Mac store is a BT2 store, but just Mac. It's open :D

Ahh ok! I haven't been in town in months! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

The MAC store on henry st has 20% off til next sunday (i think)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

PlayGirl wrote: »
    The MAC store on henry st has 20% off til next sunday (i think)!

nope, BT have 20% off certain lines to celebrate the opening of MAC. Typically, the offer excludes mac!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

nope, BT have 20% off certain lines to celebrate the opening of MAC. Typically, the offer excludes mac!

Eugh really? I was in the MAC store and there was a big sign by the door! Bit silly if nothing in there is discounted :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I spotted a pull out for Mastercard in one of the papers that said if you use your Mastercard and spend 70e on beauty you get a voucher for a tenner or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

BT Black Loyalty card is really stingy. I spent around €250 in BT last year and earned around €2.5 worth of points for it. So, you gain 1/100 of what you spend. And you can only use those points at a certain time. Whereas for Boots Advantage, I think, you gain 1/10 of what you spend. I go to BT for Bobbi Brown and NARS to be honest. I don't bother with BT for brands I can get from Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The only people I know who get discounts work there or are make up artists/doing a make up course & have a professional discount card for MAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Hi guys, you can get MAC stuff in Doc Morris pharmacies? I spotted it today when I was passing by.

Alibear wrote: »
    Hi guys, you can get MAC stuff in Doc Morris pharmacies? I spotted it today when I was passing by.

Not being funny but are you sure? BT is the only authorised MAC retailer in Ireland. I very much doubt the MAC you spotted in Doc Morris is genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Would such a reputable company be selling dodgy goods though? They had eyeshadows for €18 for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Cara Pharmacy was selling some Mac last year but it was all discontinued items

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Which Doc Morris did you see it in? I imagine it's probably discontinued stuff but might have to pop by for a look;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Would such a reputable company be selling dodgy goods though? They had eyeshadows for €18 for example.

Aren't they normally about 15 euro in BTs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wowhd.com also sell discontinued Mac. It used to be cdwow so I would hope it was all real as it is a fairly big company.

Advertisement