Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi signal

Options
  • 18-11-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello there people's, just new to this forum, got an issue with getting broadband through the house, currently using O2 hotshot wireless broadband,signal strength is good in the kitchen, 3G three bars , it's just the living room is at the other side of the house and signal is very poor in there, if I leave the hotshot router in the kitchen then it seems too far for iPad or laptop to get a decent signal any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

you can check this page here to see where the masts are in your area .

while i was getting the link there it seems that the site is down at present but keep checking as it should be back at some point .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Crickerday

Thanks for the quick reply, but what seems to be the problem is getting the signal through the house, was wondering if a wireless network extender or something similar would be the best job?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

Sorry we've gone a little beyond what I know . I did google the problem and saw this . someone else may be able to give you some advice . there is a Nets & Comms forum so that might be a better place to get an answer .

only thing i can think of is to get a 3g router - put an o2 dongle on that and if you need to extend that signal then you could use a wifi extender to link to that ......

Advertisement