Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition

Options
  • 18-11-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I am interested in running a competition every week on a website. Basically I would be looking to run a competition where the entrant picks correct scores for each weeks 10 Premier League football matches. If they get all 10 correct they win a prize.

In exchange for entering the competition the entrant registers their email address and agrees to receive promotional emails from the business.

Would it be difficult/expensive to implement something like this into a website and run each week for a non technical person with some variation of a content management system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

My first thoughts be a simple form with the fixtures, and spaces for your users to enter their score predictions.
    Once they have them all filled out, they should enter their email, tick a check box to agree to the conditions and then press submit.

Once they click submit - providing all the required fields have been filled - the scores entered should be fired into tables in a database, alongside the email address for the promotions.

This can be done many ways afaik - including PHP, MySQL and a basic HTML form.

Mind you, I'm no expert, so perhaps one of the more senior board members could expand on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

and also remind them to place the bets in the bookies..results like that will win you 10K+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

and also remind them to place the bets in the bookies..results like that will win you 10K+

Without spam too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Without spam too.
    surely they'd sent you an email saying you won ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Coming away from the technical side of things, I think you'll need to be careful when it comes to printing Premier League fixture lists.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_DataCo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

surely they'd sent you an email saying you won ?

The OP also wants to send you other "promotional emails" too.

Advertisement