Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet Burger Kitchen - South William St

Options
  • 18-11-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I had my second bad experience with the sloooooooow service here today. I should have learned the first time when they kept me late back from lunch on a weekday. I walked out after 30 minutes today. In that time they couldn't manage to give us our glasses of water never mind the bowl of 8 chicken wings that couldn't take more than 10 minutes to prepare. They seem to have plenty of staff and not particularly busy, so I don't know what the hell is wrong. I won't be back, hopefully others might take a warning from my experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Aren't you posting this to Menupages ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Piliger wrote: »
    Aren't you posting this to Menupages ?
    Should I be posting to menupages?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Seriously? It's a running joke at this stage. Don't go there if you've only got an hour for lunch. It's ridiculous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

And it's fairly gross. Had one recently and it was awful. Go a few doors down to JoBurger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

ballooba wrote: »
    Should I be posting to menupages?

Post a review on TripAdvisor. If you post a negative review on Menupages it could get deleted. See thread here where a rep from menupages comes along and admits as much

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

why on earth would someone go to Gourmet Burger with Jo Burger two doors down?? Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I was there last friday night, disappointing food, lovely staff. I had the chicken burger which was nice but I don't think I've ever been served a burger before without any salad. The plate was totally bare except for the burger. Not even a couple of leaves inside the bun!
    There was a really hard sell going on for the brownies also. Order any hot drink and get a brownie for a euro, sounded great except what came out was little more than a mouthful..no cream or icecream and then they forgot to bring one of the hot drinks which meant we were charged €3 for one of the tiny brownies.
    They had techno blaring the whole time as well. Used to love that place but definitely won't be back again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Been there a couple of times and i think it's pretty crap.

Even with two for one specials that occasionaly pop up it's not very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

chopper6 wrote: »
    Been there a couple of times and i think it's pretty crap.

Even with two for one specials that occasionaly pop up it's not very good value.

agreed, having to pay for fries and garlic sauce seperately on top of paying for the burger is a rip off, particularly with all the special offers going on groupon and the like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I waited about 45 mins for my food a few weeks ago. As they had about 6 staff on. But only one was actually doing anything. The others were just standing there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

There's an air of pretension bout the place that I just don't like...plus the food is usually dry,bland and very ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I went of GBK for similar reasons. When they used have special offers like 5euro burgers or a meal for 10e or buy one get one free, prices seemed reasonable. But their offers are crap now, and sometimes only valid mon-thurs which is written in small print. Otherwise it's not good value for money. The food is nothing exceptional and I've found servers to be abrupt. Food always takes forever too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was there last week for the first time with the other half. To be honest I liked the food as did she although I have had better burgers in Dublin. Also liked the fries. If I had one complaint it's that we had to wait an age for the drinks which arrived just before the burgers. We received good service otherwise but I noted people waiting ages to have their orders taken and people who were just in the door got attended to while people who were there before them were still waiting. One couple walked out. Decent food although maybe I wouldn't rush to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Like I dont understand why you would enter in a chain restaurant in Dublin. When there is a ton of decent affordable places to eat and a good few burger places. Like Ireland has a best beef in Europe. There is no good reason for a burger to just be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

Just out of curiousity, why not give GBK the feedback?....

I'm sure they'd appreciate it and make things better.

It's a chain so head office - wherever that is - will want it sorted.

FB them maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It's easier to vote with one's feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Fiyero wrote: »

FB them maybe?

I would generally think it's up to them to ensure their service is good enough.

Wouldn't really fancy wasting my time on an email that would probably get ignored so soon after waiting 45 minutes for my order to show up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bunsen is just up the road too "i do like a tasty burger"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Fiyero wrote: »

FB them maybe?
    Have a look at their TripAdvisor. They have been given plenty of feedback.

Advertisement