If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Surround Sound System??????

Options
  • 18-11-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I'm new to this, this is actually my first post on this site, though I have read a few threads on it for information.
    Anyway what I'm looking for is advice on a surround sound system.
    I've been reading up a bit, and so far I reckon 5.1 is good for me.
    SO here's what I need from the system:

Surround sound for DVDs
    Surround sound from my media drive (.avi and hd aswell). This is streamed wirelessy from a router in the sitting room
    General speakers for normal television / matches
    Surround sound streamed from the internet for matches etc.
    I also play alot of music on a stereo in the sitting room, so would it be possible to play these on the 5.1 system (as in to use their speakers)

Alot there, but I'm sure for those who know what I'm on about they will see it's probably alot of duplicate info.
    Anywho, I've been to av receiver is the way to go.
    So basically what speakers, subwoofer and receiver do I need for a decent setup.
    Budget is no more than 700 euro
    Any help appreciated
    Brendan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Brendan.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The best value for money speaker pack would be the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack priced at £249.95 / 324.99 Euro. This normally retails for over £500 / 650 Euro but we have a fantastic deal on them at the moment.

This would leave you around £289.95 / 375 Euro for the amplifier.

For this you should have a look at the Onkyo TXNR414 priced at £249.95 / 324.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr414/onky-txnr414-blk

This amp will do all the things that you have listed above.

You can indeed run this amp in stereo or 5 channel stereo and use all the speakers connected to the amp to listen to Music.

You would also need cables to connect the speakers which start for 99p per meter and a sub link (depending on Length) start for £9.99 / 12.99 Euro

Delivery would cost just £12.99.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chuckk

Sorry to jump on this thread but I am just wondering if this offer is still available? I would also be interested in a quote on pairing the speakers with a yamaha RXV473 and if you had a recommendation/preference for the Onkyo over the yamaha.

Thanks,
    Chuckk

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chuckk wrote: »
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I am just wondering if this offer is still available? I would also be interested in a quote on pairing the speakers with a yamaha RXV473 and if you had a recommendation/preference for the Onkyo over the yamaha.

Thanks,
    Chuckk

Chuck,

yep the Vectors and the 473/ 515's are all still available and ready to ship from stock,

If you would like to reserve any just drop us a PM with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Pm sent to John for this offer!

Thanks,
    Chuckk

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chuckk wrote: »
    Pm sent to John for this offer!

Thanks,
    Chuckk

Thanks Chuckk,

Give you a shout next weeks as discussed!

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 dc491

Hi
    I'm looking for some advise.
    I have (or should I say had :() a Yamaha RX-V565 receiver with Jamo 102 speakers (use 5.1 only), until my son had a party and overheated the amp (I think), when I got home the amp was very hot at the base and the receiver would not power up, even when cooled down.
    What I'm looking to see is if there is anything I can do to salvage the receiver or do I need to replace it and if so what would be the best unit to replace it with (the speakers are ok).
    This is an unexpected expense and as such I would have to see if I can afford to replace it, being so close to Christmas and all.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    dc491

System arrived today. A pleasure to deal with you guys, many thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.