Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much should I pay for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    So, maybe a "How much should I pay for it?" thread might be a good idea here.

I'm looking for Wily Wars at the moment so how much should I be looking to pay for it(with manual, without manual, cart only etc)?

Few bits on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wily+wars&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&LH_SubLocation=1&_fsradio2=%26LH_PrefLoc%3D1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&_salic=99&_saact=99&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Bitten by the Wily Wars bug too eh? It's both expensive, & inexpensive at the same time to me. Yes, boxed without a manual calls about 150, CIB ~€200. I swapped a PAL NES & five or six common games for my boxed one {no manual}, which made it fairly cheap in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, looking to add it to the collection at the moment but the ebay prices seem quite a bit off from reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll swap you my one for your Progear :pac:

Master of the Universe

You really need to be looking at ended auctions for this one by the way.

Here's some in Germany (they seem to have the game more than the Uk)

Complete - 226 euro

Cart only - 151 euro :eek:

Looks like someone got a complete one for 70 euro too

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=megaman+wily+wars&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'll swap you my one for your Progear :pac:

Emm, ehhhhh
    You really need to be looking at ended auctions for this one by the way.

Here's some in Germany (they seem to have the game more than the Uk)

Complete - 226 euro

Cart only - 151 euro :eek:

Looks like someone got a complete one for 70 euro too

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=megaman+wily+wars&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

I might pay €226 for it complete if it was in very nice condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

70, **** sake! Thats why you have to keep scouring ebay if you want something

Master of the Universe

Speaking of cheap ass items, I saw a pink GBA Micro the other day on ebay.ie. Wanted to bid on it today. Totally missed the ending.

Not only did someone get a bargain of bargains, the seller is a poster here! :(

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150945453628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

70, **** sake! Thats why you have to keep scouring ebay if you want something

Bit strange only a single bid though and madness not to take a pic of the manual if you genuinely have it.

Be fecked if I'd sell mine as cheap as any of the prices mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Speaking of cheap ass items, I saw a pink GBA Micro the other day on ebay.ie. Wanted to bid on it today. Totally missed the ending.

Not only did someone get a bargain of bargains, the seller is a poster here! :(

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150945453628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

Screen was scratchy though, no charger and not fully boxed. Still was hoping it would go for €20 but hey those the breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Bit strange only a single bid though and madness not to take a pic of the manual if you genuinely have it.

Be fecked if I'd sell mine as cheap as any of the prices mentioned above.

Sure all I want is the manual! :pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Trade it for your Naomi? :pac:

How much should I pay for a unboxed neo geo cd? Either front or top loader.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    How much should I pay for a unboxed neo geo cd? Either front or top loader.

Nothing, get an MVS for the same price.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nothing, get an MVS for the same price.

I like long load times though.

I might be getting one for cheap but I'm not sure of their going prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I like long load times though.

I might be getting one for cheap but I'm not sure of their going prices.

These loading times transcend long.

Master of the Universe

There are a few items I would say have zero worth. The Neo Geo CD system would be one of them. There's absolutely no reason to own one.

It's one system which is just screaming out for some type of SD card loader.

There are a few items I would say have zero worth. The Neo Geo CD system would be one of them. There's absolutely no reason to own one.

It's one system which is just screaming out for some type of SD card loader.

Even then it's missing loads of games from the Neo Geo library, the only exclusive worth playing is ironclad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Are NEO GEO CD's loading times really that bad? ...coming from a C64 fanboy btw

Master of the Universe

£100 posted for a US fully boxed 3DO Goldstar plus Need for speed, road rash, super street fighter turbo and a few other games.
    A good price?
    Where does the goldstar stand in 3DO land?

• Advertisement

If you love juggling monkeys it's the best console ever.

Some games can be ruined by the load times as well. Metal Slug pauses halfway through the levels for a full minute to load in the second part of the stage and Art of Fighting 3 is zoomed out compared to the arcade machine. In the case of that game it's up there with SF3 or Garou as having some of the most gorgeous animation in any 2D game ever. The NG-CD doesn't have the RAM for the animation of the full characters so uses zoomed out ones that take less memory but have much less detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ignore the nay-sayers, the Neo-Geo CD is a beautiful console..

£100 posted for a US fully boxed 3DO Goldstar plus Need for speed, road rash, super street fighter turbo and a few other games.
    A good price?

cute-poo.jpg

Just don't use it to play games :P

Master of the Universe

lolwut.jpg

Hold out for a Panasonic FZ-1...they're without a doubt the best one to own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The Neo-Geo CD is a very slow console..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just don't use it to play games :P

And this from a man who owns a CDi and plays his Megadrive via RF....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To be honest, having owned the Neo Geo Cd it is pants, the advantage of an instant game collection via the judicious use of CD-R's is more than offset by the hours of your life to be spent watching that infernal monkey.
    Better to own an MVS, Supergun and a couple of controllers and if you really want a decent collection quick for it then get one of the multicarts, they may have a lot of clones and hacks on but the build quality is fine and the games, the non hacks, play perfectly.
    The whole setup should come in for the same sort of money and leave you a much happier gamer.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And this from a man who owns a CDi and plays his Megadrive via RF....

Don't forget he exchanged actual money for Superman 64 too

EnterNow wrote: »
    Don't forget he exchanged actual money for Superman 64 too

Feck, that's true!
    Didn't he also exchange folding currency for LoD?
    Is he secretly leading a double life, by day an unassuming student, again.
    By afternoon he's on here telling us of his adventures in the world of 16 and 8 bit, in 60Hz.
    By night he's playing the worst games in Christendom, probably on an LCD panel, via RF....
    Wait, that's a secret triple life right there!
    And he does it all in a gúna too!

Hey, I didn't know any better when I picked up Legend of Dragoon shortly after release. It was another multidisc RPG and I was expecting the same quality as other multidisc RPGs on the PS1 at the time. You might as well point an accusatory finger at the people that bought Rise of the Robots on release!

As for the Megadrive, in my defense I never use it. And unlike the NeoGeo CD at least that situation can be improved.

As johnny ultimate will attest, Superman 64 is a misunderstood classic.

As for the CDi... nope, I've not excuses there.

The only thing misunderstood about Superman 64 is that none of the commentary prepares one for just how lousy it really is.
    I've endoscopies that have been more fun than 10 minutes with that waste of a good cart casing.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It was another multidisc RPG and I was expecting the same quality as other multidisc RPGs on the PS1 at the time. .

Worst attempt at avoiding saying 'Final Fantasy VII' ever! :p

FFVII is included there as well. I'm just not an evangelising fanboy.

Master of the Universe

The best game ever for me and probably always will be would have to be Final Fantasy VII. In the weeks I was playing it nothing else mattered except it. I still go back to it now and again and even though the graphics have dated badly nothing comes close to its story or has a better cast of characters.

Slight tinge of evangelism. I can sense how moved you were. It was an almost, dare I say it, religious experience ;)

Yeah, the big wussie wept when that badly rendered girl got herself murdered by a badly rendered bad person, in a badly rendered pointless act.... he was off his Coco pops for days after...
    Hard to have conversations in school about such things, especially as the average PS owner, while they may have had a copy of FFVII, probably never got off the first disk.

Too much line dancing/random combat encounters for me!

I honestly didn't feel that much at that bit of FFVII, it was a shock and was a downer but getting me close to crying, meh. Was done better in a previous 16-bit game anyway.

Now Suikoden 2 on the other hand, that was a real tear jerker.

Valkyria Chronicles as well also caught me off guard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement