Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking American iPhone 4

• 18-11-2012 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, a relative in America has just told me that he is sending over his iPhone 4 to me because he's upgrading to the 5, I of course accepted it because I'm pretty sure you can unlock them. But now I'm not sure... Can I unlock the AT&T(pretty sure it's this provider) iPhone 4 over in Ireland?
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Troxck wrote: »
    Hey guys, a relative in America has just told me that he is sending over his iPhone 4 to me because he's upgrading to the 5, I of course accepted it because I'm pretty sure you can unlock them. But now I'm not sure... Can I unlock the AT&T(pretty sure it's this provider) iPhone 4 over in Ireland?
    Thanks for any help!

Great the original owner to request from AT&T before they send it over there should be no problem.Other wise if the iPhone is on iOS 6 you won't be able to unlock it only AT&T can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

fox007 wrote: »
    Great the original owner to request from AT&T before they send it over there should be no problem.Other wise if the iPhone is on iOS 6 you won't be able to unlock it only AT&T can do it.

Okay thanks, I'll try and tell him soon. Will there be any other cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Troxck wrote: »
    Okay thanks, I'll try and tell him soon. Will there be any other cost?

Should be free for him, except for the time involved on the phone to his customer care to get the unlock sorted.

Once it gets the unlocked approved from his network, you can sync it here in Ireland with iTunes to unlock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

kceire wrote: »
    Should be free for him, except for the time involved on the phone to his customer care to get the unlock sorted.

Once it gets the unlocked approved from his network, you can sync it here in Ireland with iTunes to unlock it.

Thanks, very helpful. He said he'll call into the store sometime this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement