Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus stop on the Dock Road?

Options
  • 18-11-2012 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Is there a bus stop outside the bus eireann depot on the dock road? I cant seem to remember if there is one there or if there used to be one. Im looking to get a bus down to Parnell st in the morning from here. Anybody know the times and how reliable they are due to the huge traffic jams that form around 8am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Kenneallys bus stops there, not sure but I think theres one every 20 or 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

There's a bus shelter directly outside the depot that runs from Ferrybank to the Dunmore Road, the closest it'll bring you to Parnell Street is the Tower Hotel stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I used to have to take the same route when I went to WCFE...

You need to be at the Dock Road bust stop at *least* 7:00am, no joke, and get the next Kennellys bus that comes along. There's one every 20 mins (before 8:00), but not at a specific time. Btw, if you don't get a bus by 7:40 you're going to be royally buggered as the traffic is just chaotic and, honestly, you're better off walking into town D:

Anyway, fingers crossed a bus comes along. And that it's not raining. Get off @ Clock Tower, cut up by the cross, back of the library and then down Lady Lane to Parnell Street. This is faster than getting off at the Tower (if somewhere like Yeats / WCFE is your destination).

Don't get me started on Ferrybank Traffic...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Really? I thought the traffic was only bad from 8:15 to 9:15? When did it get bad that early? I usually leave Ferrybank at 7:45 and I'm at Ardkeen at 8.00.

The full time table is here:

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/documents/misc/BusTimetables.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

This is from about 3 years ago, so maybe traffic has eased? I just remember getting on a K!bus at 7:45 and sitting in traffic for a good half hour, and that was just to get as far as the bus station!

Plus I used the cut-off time of 7:40 to give myself plenty of time to walk to Parnell Street.

I have friends up at the Golf Course estates and they say if they don't leave before 8:10, the traffic going over the bridge can be up to 45 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, its much better now, only really bad at school times. Also, most days the Keneally's is on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

New bridge and no jobs means the traffic is never too bad now in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

JPA wrote: »
    New bridge and no jobs means the traffic is never too bad now in my experience.

Are you kidding me? The traffic builds up at about 8:15, and by 8:50 its backed up for miles in either direction. Adds about 30 minutes to your commute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

known as the quay and not the dock road!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

known as the quay and not the dock road!!!

No, Im talking about the dock road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement