Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syncing iPod

• 18-11-2012 8:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to sync an iPod without using iTunes? Every time I want to sync my iPod it's an ordeal compared to a normal MP3. With a normal MP3 you can do it through my computer, but with iPod you have to sync through iTunes and have the files on your hard drive and if you don't you lose those songs. I am looking for a way to easily manage my songs with a program through my computer or jailbreak it. It is an iPod Classic 120 GB.

Mods, if what I am asking is against charter, just delete if you want, I looked in the thread about jailbreaking and couldn't find my specific query

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You could flash this:
    http://www.rockbox.org/

Allows drag and drop and plays WMA and FLAC, turns your iPod into a normal Mp3 player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You could flash this:
    http://www.rockbox.org/

Allows drag and drop and plays WMA, turns your iPod into a normal Mp3 player

Excuse the ignorance, but can I just drag the files in and out of the iPod like an MP3 then ?? Is jail breaking necessary ?

Mine is an ipod classic and says its not supported :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Excuse the ignorance, but can I just drag the files in and out of the iPod like an MP3 then ?? Is jail breaking necessary ?

Mine is an ipod classic and says its not supported :/

No, you need to use itunes to sync to it. With normal Mp3 players you just drag and drop files straight to the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Be careful with Rockbox, it doesn't work on all iPods, check out the list of "stable" builds to see if your model will be ok before you install.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you don't want iTunes try MediaMonkey. It still requires syncing though (just can't drag & drop on Apple media devices). I'll move this over the Apple Media Devices forum for you :)

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement