Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube layout

Options
  • 18-11-2012 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Not sure I'm on the right forum...
    has anyone figured out how to find and view the most popular videos seen worldwide since the new youtube layout?
    So far all I can watch are my own subscriptions, boring as hell...
    Where's the browse section?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

are you on your phone or the normal site?

on the normal site they're still on the LHS under 'Best of YouTube' there's a scroll pane for all the categories. I think this is what you mean

if you're on your phone you could try logging out then going to the homepage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

batistuta9 wrote: »
    are you on your phone or the normal site?

on the normal site they're still on the LHS under 'Best of YouTube' there's a scroll pane for all the categories. I think this is what you mean

if you're on your phone you could try logging out then going to the homepage
    This is probably what I mean, but I cannot find 'best of youtube' at all. I'm on the normal site on a computer. All I see is my subscriptions, nothing like categories.

lounakin wrote: »
    This is probably what I mean, but I cannot find 'best of youtube' at all. I'm on the normal site on a computer. All I see is my subscriptions, nothing like categories.

do you see guide on the LHS when watching a video just under the youtube button that takes you to the homepage?

click on guide or else just click the youtube button to the left of the searchbox

batistuta9 wrote: »
    do you see guide on the LHS when watching a video just under the youtube button that takes you to the homepage?

click on guide or else just click the youtube button to the left of the searchbox

I think I found it, however there's only 4 categories. If I click guide or Youtube I just get my normal page with only subscription on the left, however on the right hand side if I click 'recommended channels' and then 'more categories' I find the 'best of youtube' with 4 categories. Is that all there is? Below are channels 'recommended for you' but they don't seem to contain the most watched videos.

I just realised it looks like I don't have the latest layout... my friend's one looks different and yes, all those vids are on the left!

edit: I use firefox, the layout is different than google chrome! Mystery solved.

• Advertisement

lounakin wrote: »
    I think I found it, however there's only 4 categories. If I click guide or Youtube I just get my normal page with only subscription on the left, however on the right hand side if I click 'recommended channels' and then 'more categories' I find the 'best of youtube' with 4 categories. Is that all there is? Below are channels 'recommended for you' but they don't seem to contain the most watched videos.

under 'guide' there's 'best of youtube, music, sports, gaming, movies, tv shows'

i don't login to youtube when watching it but the 'recommended for you' videos in the old layout were just something similar to what you just watched, like if you watched a few xfactor video it'll show you more xfactor videos. it's probably still the same, and your recommended channels could be based off you subs.

logout of youtube & go to the homepage then you'll be able to select a category and see the most viewed in it, not just the six listed under 'guide'.

I'm not sure if that works when logged in or not, but try doing it logged out first to see

But it's pointless if I have to logout!
    It's useless really... it only gives me popular channels but I'm never able to see videos that go viral on their own or anything like that.

I also cannot find the 'guide' button unless I'm watching a video and if I do click it there's no 'best of youtube category' the only one I could find was the one listed above with only 'gaming, news, music and sports', considering I'm not interested in sports, gaming and music (I don't listen to music on youtube) it's pretty much useless to me.
    Anyone have the same problem as me?

Advertisement