Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Dublin

Options
  • 18-11-2012 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    Ill be moving to Dublin soon for work.
    Im wondering the best places to live in in the capital.
    Ill be working in the City Centre.
    If there are places roughly 200-400pm and on a bus/luas/dart route, even better.
    Thanks a mill
    RA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Mountbrown dublin 8. You're right beside James hospital Luas stop and can get 123,13 and the 40 buses into town. It's about a 25 minute walk into town via James Thomas and dame streets.. People give out about Thomas street saying its full of scum or whatever but I've never had any hassle and I come and go at all hours of the day and night. I really like it and think its definitely an up and coming part of dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

superblu wrote: »
    Mountbrown dublin 8. You're right beside James hospital Luas stop and can get 123,13 and the 40 buses into town. It's about a 25 minute walk into town via James Thomas and dame streets.. People give out about Thomas street saying its full of scum or whatever but I've never had any hassle and I come and go at all hours of the day and night. I really like it and think its definitely an up and coming part of dublin.

There does seem to be development going on in that area. Glad to hear its on the up.

Op,try wwe.daft.ie and look for shared places in stoneybatter,smithfield, drumcondra, phibsboro and IfSC northside and portobello rathmines, grand canal docks, harolds cross donnybrook or ranelagh southside. Plus obviously places in city centre itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd start adjusting your rent level to circa 400, I'd be amazed if you could get anything habitable that isn't miles out of the city for 200.

Advertisement