Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend what kennel to buy

• 18-11-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The kennel I have for my dog (labrador cross) is past it's best and I want to buy her a nice new one for the winter. She sleeps inside the house we also need a kennel for her outside as there are times we need her to stay in there (visitors, kids in the house etc) so something with a door would be ideal.

My first port of call is Woddies Woodies Woodies and this looks like it is the best fit http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Nobby-Wooden-Kennel-Medium/11693/4.9.2 but my experience is that Woodies stuff isn't the best so if I'm going to spend €130 I'd prefer to get her something which will be as well built as possible.

Suggestions for alternatives to Woodies much appreciated.

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That kennel is ok but like with all wooden kennels it'll need treating at least once a year. You can always check it out in store, if it's just a kennel for occasional day use it's grand.

If you want something heavier check out the pet cosy ones they're fully insulated but are pricier because they are built to size and fully insulated etc. pm me if you want the details.

Avoid the plastic ones I wasted so much money on them. Nothing but condensation and letting in rain with them.

Other hardware shops might have more options of zooplus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Hi Ben,

Before you going spending good money on a kennel, will your dog go into it if it rains. The reason I ask is I have one outside aswell for when they are out as well as leaving the garage door open but my crew wont go into them. They'd rather stand in the rain. I seen a few post's from people here from time to time wondering how to encourage their dog to use their kennel, like your's our's is a house dog aswell and wont use a kennel.

Just a thought.

Advertisement