Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I got one almost exactly the same on eBay for €10. Only the plastic end cheeks are slightly different. It's the usual generic Chinese tat to be honest. It's all right for a tenner and non-critical situations but I'd never rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

if i were to spend any money I would get one of these - yes a fair bit more but there is the option of being able to use any drive with ease . I got one about a year ago and it's one of the best investments i have ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

here is a similar item for a touch over eur17. I can't comment on the quality, as I haven't bought one. But I might !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    here is a similar item for a touch over eur17. I can't comment on the quality, as I haven't bought one. But I might !

Got one of those two years ago, now in bin, lasted just over the 12 months :(

Connectivity was hit & miss, never really worked with 2.5" SATA drives & it got all confused if you tried using one of the USB ports with a HDD docked at the same time :P

Best avoided IMHO ;)

Advertisement