Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox won't really read discs

Options
  • 18-11-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to fix this?

Sometimes it works, I can get fifa to work by opening and closing the disc tray, but then sometimes it just ****s itself again.

I bought BO2 last week and it pretty much refuses to read it, it does after ages of opening and closing the tray, like a really long time.

Arcade games work fine, so I think its the laser or something. Anyway to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sounds like the laser is on the way out. That's why it won't read newer game discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If you're decent with computers its an easy job to replace.
    Just make sure you get the right drive for your console as many different ones are used in the same model.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

You should try cleaning the laser before going out and buying a new drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

this happened my white xbox.soon after it stopped reading disks.then got r.r.o.d
    then i went mw4 on its ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

Try installing the games if you have the space, its what I've done when discs stopped working for me and they work fine now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement