Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno wrote: »
    Tis not, especially when you are sitting on the one in the middle of two of them either side going ape **** and encouraging herd chaos.

Yup, scary stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dgt wrote: »

On another note, I've eaten a whole tin of Roses... I think I have an addiction :o

I'd honestly be such a prick like that if I had the chance. :p

I've eaten about 3 tins of biscuits on my own since Christmas, I am weak.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

On another note, I've eaten a whole tin of Roses... I think I have an addiction :o
    CianRyan wrote: »

Are ye talking about those giant round tins?

Are ye talking about those giant round tins?

God yeah! :p

My mam came in to tell me that people become obese by eating to many biscuits and spending all day on the computer, then walks off.
    She's a sly one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

God yeah! :p

3 of them? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: By yourself?

Is anyone fearful that SH has been trampled/is being chased down the road by angry horses?

That livecam was a good idea Cian, purely from a Health and Safety perspective.

• Advertisement

Kimberly Elites, Kimberly Micados and a box of Jacop's Finest. :)

He's probably hitching them to the car to bring them home, sure it's got 4WD, it might aswell be a tractor.

Kimberly Elites, Kimberly Micados and a box of Jacop's Finest. :)

He's probably hitching them to the car to bring them home, sure it's got 4WD, it might aswell be a tractor.

I'm not a big fan of sweets, the OH used buy me chocolate which ended up in the bin six months later.

We've a tin of quality street in the press from three christmases ago

My drivers seat decided to turn into a recliner earlier :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ye bunch of ba$tards! I gave up all that kind of stuff before Christmas and still haven't broken it! I'd love a few Roses :(

Pass them on here!
    I'm a pig with sweets.

My seat DOES NOT MOVE!
    I make this very clear because it drives me absolutely nuts trying to get it back to the way I like it.

Ye bunch of ba$tards! I gave up all that kind of stuff before Christmas and still haven't broken it! I'd love a few Roses :(

Sure have a smoke instead. :pac:

• Advertisement

There are a few at the bottom of the ONE tin that was bought here six weeks ago if you'd like them?
    Pass them on here!
    I'm a pig with sweets.

My seat DOES NOT MOVE!
    I make this very clear because it drives me absolutely nuts trying to get it back to the way I like it.

They have gone all white Cian! They are only fit for the bin!

I'm the same my seat being moved/moving of it's own accord/due to Alfa gremlins drives me bats

See this, as nice as Alfas are to drive, I'm not sure I could ever own one.
    Some call it character, I call it stress.

166man wrote: »
    Done 800km in the 156 since Sunday and all is well, popped another litre of oil into it yesterday though. I think it needs it every 1000 miles or so. ..........

You should really try and ensure you only need top up by half a litre or less ideally :) Seems as you're going to invest the few quid on the suspension etc :) Well worth it to keep the engine tip top.

Word to the wise and all.

See this, as nice as Alfas are to drive, I'm not sure I could ever own one.
    Some call it character, I call it stress.

It went to normal after I swore at it a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    You should really try and ensure you only need top up by half a litre or less ideally :) Seems as you're going to invest the few quid on the suspension etc :) Well worth it to keep the engine tip top.

Word to the wise and all.

I find it very difficult to get an accurate reading off the dipstick when I check it. I think the tank holds 4.5 litres so 1 litre doesn't seem the worst, although I notice myself keeping a cautious eye over the oil level.

she'll be serviced soon, so will be changed and completely refilled then. I hope the investment will be worth it, I reckon it will though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'd honestly be such a prick like that if I had the chance. :p

One tin myself this evening, including the horrible coffee ones, hard chewy ones, swirly hazelnut ones etc.

Just finished a tin of beans there and a pint of orange juice. I'm still hungry!!!

I find it very difficult to get an accurate reading off the dipstick when I check it..............

Can be hard alright, especially on a petrol with clean oil with some plastic dipsticks, the level can be quite difficult to spot. After its parked up for a while makes it easiest, with good day light :)

Had one or two cars with metal dipsticks, pleasure to use, the level was as easy to spot as night and day, transition zone was a straight line even with new oil.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Can be hard alright, especially on a petrol with clean oil with some plastic dipsticks, the level can be quite difficult to spot. After its parked up for a while makes it easiest, with good day light :)

Had one or two cars with metal dipsticks, pleasure to use, the level was as easy to spot as night and day, transition zone was a straight line even with new oil.

Yeah I was told check after its been parked up as the true oil level is clear as the oil has fallen to the tank.

I'm fairly confident theres no oil leak though which can only be a good thing. It'll be the suspension that will feck it over for the NCT. Most other things are ok I reckon. Much guesswork there though...

Yeah I was told check after its been parked up as the true oil level is clear as the oil has fallen to the tank.

I'm fairly confident theres no oil leak though which can only be a good thing. It'll be the suspension that will feck it over for the NCT. Most other things are ok I reckon. Much guesswork there though...

When are you doing the NCT?

It's a Fiat thing, those engines like a drop of oil and towards the end of the interval it will use up more oil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Went to the chipper tonight, realised id no cash and asked if they took laser, they said 'no but sure youll be in tomorrow anyway you can fix up then'

I eat too much chipper food :-(

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Went to the chipper tonight, realised id no cash and asked if they took laser, they said 'no but sure youll be in tomorrow anyway you can fix up then'

That sort of stuff is nice though, same happened to me when I was a euro or so short in the local spar

Unless of course you are obese and trying to lose weight

Gary ITR wrote: »

Damn you now I have a craving for a half pounder loaded with everything! :(

I am on those terms with the local.....ish scrapyard :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

406131_473293949373718_1409114901_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was coming home half an hour ago from Ballymun. Stopped at the lights on the roundabout then got green, just as I was about to cross the bridge to get on the M50 some complete tosser flew past, coming up the M50 slip completely ignoring two sets of red lights. Nearly had a heart attack few seconds more and it would have been a lovely smack. Dunno what he was doing, he flew up from the slip, through two sets of lights, then stopped at the next set which were green :confused:

Probably colorblind! :)

When are you doing the NCT?

Now there's a good question if I ever saw one....:D

A quiet week for the car, been housebound for 3 days and counting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

A quiet week for the car, been housebound for 3 days and counting....
    That's it, 3 days is too long. It's time to take a leaf out of this man's book and build a car in the kitchen!

There are parts scattered everywhere in the house eg doors, lamps, bulbs, fittings, screws, a turbo, throttle bodies, injectors etc :eek:

Have to do a cleanout someday.... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bah, have to sort the Corsa's sopping wet driver's footwell carpet this weekend, it's annoying. Hopefully should be able to pop the floor drain plugs and let most of it out without removing the carpet soak up the rest, then plug up the leak (brake servo seal).

Also, I have very reluctantly concluded that I can't afford to run another car. No new car until my gf decides to sell hers or I find a classic (30+ years) I can convert to LPG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement