Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So I posted up my findings for that BMW 2004 325ci on bmw-driver.net from the pre-purchase inspection, it hasn't exactly gone down well which I probably expected. Fúck it, at least my conscience is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Link? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Quick one folks:

If I disconnect the driver seat airbag connection under the seat to change seats on an EP Civic, will that give me an airbag warning light on the dash?

Seat has a rocking back and forth between the rail and seat and wanna replace it.

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

So I posted up my findings for that BMW 2004 325ci on bmw-driver.net from the pre-purchase inspection, it hasn't exactly gone down well which I probably expected. Fúck it, at least my conscience is clear.

You where, dead right to do that man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Col200sx wrote: »
    Quick one folks:

If I disconnect the driver seat airbag connection under the seat to change seats on an EP Civic, will that give me an airbag warning light on the dash?

Seat has a rocking back and forth between the rail and seat and wanna replace it.

Cheers :)

You should be fine, once you reconnect it back up to the new seat...

Just disconnect the battery first so you don't risk setting off the airbag when disconnecting/reconnecting the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

dar83 wrote: »
    You should be fine, once you reconnect it back up to the new seat...

Just disconnect the battery first so you don't risk setting off the airbag when disconnecting/reconnecting the plug.

Nice one, cheers dar :)

On that, can fault code readers erase the airbag light?

(someone told me they cant, only eml's etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Finally saw a 131 reg car on the roads. 2 to be exact.

They look sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Col200sx wrote: »

Nice one, cheers dar :)

On that, can fault code readers erase the airbag light?

(someone told me they cant, only eml's etc.)
    Usually not.
    For simple disconnect/reconnect, you should be ok if keys are not in the ignition and well away from car. IMHO!!!
    But battery disconnected is surest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

anyone know where to get knock sensor in Dublin, or nearby ?

for subaru impreza, '95, 2.0 turbo . has code 22, when set to diagnostic mode, and check engine flashes two times long, two times short.

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Got a fupping puncture on the M50, had to do a quick change just before my football match.

I have a slowly accelerating puncture as I call it. Goes down quicker than before. Not too bothered, tyres nearly had it anyway!

Phwoar, this Xantia is testing my fingers! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What's the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dgt wrote: »

You wouldn't have this problem if you'd stop buying cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Man up :p

My own hands are cut and bruised from what I did today. It's good for that to happen, when someone asks you what happened you get to say you were working on your car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OSI wrote: »
    This is DGT. It's a notable day when he doesn't work on his car.

Well if that's the case then he shouldn't be whinging about a few scratches :P

Man up :p

My own hands are cut and bruised from what I did today. It's good for that to happen, when someone asks you what happened you get to say you were working on your car :D

It's all I ever seem to do....

I need fingers with the strength of a horse yet the dexterity of a fly... ;) plus there's so much sh*te in the way, thanks hydropneumatics!

If your'e ever bored and need some solitary time, take out a turbo from this:
    DSCF5611.jpg
    Well if that's the case then he shouldn't be whinging about a few scratches :P

No mention of whinging or scrapes, just said they were testing my fingers... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

thanks hydropneumatics!

If your'e ever bored and need some solitary time, take out a turbo from this:
    DSCF5611.jpg
    Loada balls! ;)

langdang wrote: »
    Loada balls! ;)

Balls with a neat trick :pac:

Balls with a neat trick :pac:

Looks like a really bad transformer! :p

• Advertisement

Looks like a really bad transformer! :p

Activa turbo is a serious beast of a machine. No body roll at *all* through some hydropneumatic trickery. It will out handle most other cars (one motoring magazine matched it with a Honda NSX) and it's great fun to drive.

Here's ours

DSC03659.JPG

BX 19 wrote: »
    Activa turbo is a serious beast of a machine. No body roll at *all* through some hydropneumatic trickery. It will out handle most other cars (one motoring magazine matched it with a Honda NSX) and it's great fun to drive.

Here's ours

DSC03659.JPG

Why doesn't my Xantia look like that? :( I did consider restoring it... Untill I found the absolute mess the electrics were in. What gombeen wires in a house switch into a car for the dipped beams? :mad:

I always maintained that about my blue van. No roll whatsoever in the corners....
    tumblr_m06bldFk9i1qaylh3o1_500.png

Why doesn't my Xantia look like that? :( I did consider restoring it... Untill I found the absolute mess the electrics were in. What gombeen wires in a house switch into a car for the dipped beams? :mad:

I always maintained that about my blue van. No roll whatsoever in the corners....
    tumblr_m06bldFk9i1qaylh3o1_500.png

It really is spotless. Only 50 odd thousand miles.

DSC03660.JPG

It does get worse, I've seen a starter on a corrolla diesel wired into a house switch and the battery. Fuse in between? Forget it...

Here's ours

DSC03659.JPG

You sure that's yours?? :p There is something not right here... Something seems to be missing... :P

You sure that's yours?? :p There is something not right here... Something seems to be missing... :P

It's mine alright. Took the photo back in the summer though.

It's mine alright. Took the photo back in the summer though.

Hmmm, I'm skeptical... If only there was some way to prove it!

sfd-407679.jpg

Hmmm, I'm skeptical... If only there was some way to prove it!

sfd-407679.jpg

It can wait till the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Enough with the custard. You'll kill the joke!

CianRyan wrote: »
    Enough with the custard. You'll kill the joke!

Ya, we will have to come up with something new... .:p

• Advertisement

It can wait till the morning :)

Na, it's good. Lovely car btw. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement