Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ya, we will have to come up with something new... .:p

Do I have to buy custard? I've none in the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ya, we will have to come up with something new... .:p

Or just not ruin the old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

BX 19 wrote: »
    Do I have to buy custard? I've none in the press.

:D That's gas. :p

Naw, it's good. :p

I like! Not the spoiler though!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4171767

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There has to be a better T-Sport/RS on DD?
    That's a Halfords special!

• Advertisement

A challenger appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

CianRyan wrote: »
    A challenger appears.

That'd be a nice little daily driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A challenger appears.

It was lovely 57 days ago....

P.s. I hate horses!

Still better to look at than the red one.

So, full story, where did the horses go?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sold a yaris t sport new in 2005, it had been doing the rounds unregistred since 2003 at the ploughing championships, motor shows etc, guy that bought it never went over 60mph. Never got them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

A challenger appears.

Eh, it's okay...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still better to look at than the red one.

So, full story, where did the horses go?

Feck knows. They were happy enough in my yard. That's not the first time they stayed in my yard. Neighbours dogs were barking all night. Barely got any sleep. In the middle of the night looked out and all horses were gone. I thin neighbour knew who's horses those were so he got it sorted.
    In the morning all front lawn was in horse shiet. Had a busy day with shovel...

That's cool.

But I thought your current license has to be expired?

More into Halfords alloys and lights, complete with a painted interior? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Went through a checkpoint tonight and apparently i shouldn't be driving one of those as we havent the roads for that kind of car .

Fair enough guard can i now go my chips are getting cold thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Isn't it free to get a new licence when there's a change of details?

That's cool.

But I thought you're current license has to be expired?
    This form allows you to apply for a driving licence if you:
    • Have passed a driving test within the last two years
    • Hold a driving licence that is due to expire within three months and you want to renew it
    • Held a driving licence that expired less than 10 years ago and you want to renew it
    • Are exchanging a driving licence issued by another EU Member State or any other country
    with which Ireland has an exchange arrangement
    • Are replacing a lost/stolen or damaged licence
    • Are changing personal details on your current licence

Or just not ruin the old!

Sorry for trying to have a laugh...

More into Halfords alloys and lights, complete with a painted interior? Haha

Tastes differ, twud be a boring world if everyone had the same tastes.... :)

also I prefer the T-sport. I don't like the Vitz front badge.

EDIT: On that blue vitz, the front number plate is a dealers plate and the back isn't, which seems a tad odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Off to Birmingham to Autosport. Looking forward to seeing some nice metal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

the form is very vague

i can apply for a change of address or lost or stolen replacement and get a card license ?

but how much does it cost ?

anyone fancy shooting off an e-mail to the RSA ? i know if i do it i'll end up asking to remove some points while their at it :pac:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/driver_licensing/full_driving_licence.html
    Rates

From 1 January 2013, the cost of driving licences is as follows:

One-year driving licence costs €25
    Three-year driving licence costs €35
    Ten-year driving licence costs €55*

*Five-year bus and/or truck driving licence from 19 January 2013.

Motorists over the age of 70 can get their driving licence renewed for free.

Exchanging a driving licence to show a new name or address or add a new category is €35 from 12 January 2013.

so to change address will be €35 by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Took a spin down to Dublin tonight for the first time in a long time. Was going to Solas on Wexford St., was worried about getting parked, especially on a Sat night.

Cruised all the way through the city centre, got through every single light on green from the port tunnel and parked right outside the door. :D

I love driving through Dublin city at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Vodoo, I know of an E38 the same colour as yours being broken for parts, if it's any use to you let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

dgt wrote: »
    Vodoo, I know of an E38 the same colour as yours being broken for parts, if it's any use to you let me know! :)

Don't need anything at the mo, will keep it in mind!
    OSI wrote: »
    I don't. Every ****wit is out trying to goad you into a drag race (congrats to the Astra OPC who sat on my bumper at the speed limit for half a mile before pulling out and flooring it past the speed van I knew was there.). Not to mention the knobish Taxi drivers Rallying around the place trying to out fare each other.

Taxis are a pain in the ass alright, they fairly move on empty streets.

La Citroën Xantia a un turbo de kkk :D:D:D

Anyone here know how to check what one is fitted to the car? I can't see the feckin plate and I'm not having tools sticking to my hands on a day like this! There were 2 types fitted, K14 and the K03...

Pred racer, the older XUD engines had bigger turbos than the newer ones. Newer ones were smaller for more driveability etc. What year was yours? It might explain why the power came in very suddenly :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

OSI wrote: »
    I don't. Every ****wit is out trying to goad you into a drag race (congrats to the Astra OPC who sat on my bumper at the speed limit for half a mile before pulling out and flooring it past the speed van I knew was there.). Not to mention the knobish Taxi drivers Rallying around the place trying to out fare each other.

It's funny, I find its usually VAG drivers that are the ones most up for a "race". That and the 318/320 crew. It usually raises a smile anyway, so it's sometimes worth it for the entertainment of just watching them think they've gotten one over on you somehow.

La Citroën Xantia a un turbo de kkk :D:D:D

Anyone here know how to check what one is fitted to the car? I can't see the feckin plate and I'm not having tools sticking to my hands on a day like this! There were 2 types fitted, K14 and the K03...

Pred racer, the older XUD engines had bigger turbos than the newer ones. Newer ones were smaller for more driveability etc. What year was yours? It might explain why the power came in very suddenly :cool:

Weren't the xantia d turbos fitted with a garret t2? It's been a while since we've had one so its not something I can check.

Best advice I can offer is ring Citroen tomorrow and grab a part number of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Took a spin down to Dublin tonight for the first time in a long time. Was going to Solas on Wexford St., was worried about getting parked, especially on a Sat night.

Cruised all the way through the city centre, got through every single light on green from the port tunnel and parked right outside the door. :D

I love driving through Dublin city at night.

I saw your car last night! Absolute stunner, walked passed it and thought it had to be yours! Those wheels are class!

BX 19 wrote: »
    Weren't the xantia d turbos fitted with a garret t2? It's been a while since we've had one so its not something I can check.

Best advice I can offer is ring Citroen tomorrow and grab a part number of them.

My understanding is that there were at least 4 types of turbo fitted to these cars :eek:
    • KKK K14
    • Garrett T2
    • KKK K03
    • Garrett GT15

Later cars used the smaller turbo, but I'm trying to find out when they started using them...

I have the engine out and the first thing I looked at was the wastegate actuator, it didn't have the adjustable rod, has the "beehive" style actuator and a metal pipe going into the compressor housing. Top of the compressor housing has the boost pipe bolted onto it as opposed to jubilee clips and a silicone sleeve. Plus KKK is stamped on the side :)

The plate is just covered in dust, I'll get it off and see what it is in due time! But it would be a huge help if I could find out when the changeover was :)

• Advertisement

My understanding is that there were at least 4 types of turbo fitted to these cars :eek:
    • KKK K14
    • Garrett T2
    • KKK K03
    • Garrett GT15

Later cars used the smaller turbo, but I'm trying to find out when they started using them...

I have the engine out and the first thing I looked at was the wastegate actuator, it didn't have the adjustable rod, has the "beehive" style actuator and a metal pipe going into the compressor housing. Top of the compressor housing has the boost pipe bolted onto it as opposed to jubilee clips and a silicone sleeve. Plus KKK is stamped on the side :)

The plate is just covered in dust, I'll get it off and see what it is in due time! But it would be a huge help if I could find out when the changeover was :)

Ours was a 96 and was fitted with a t2 if that helps

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement