Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I saw your car last night! Absolute stunner, walked passed it and thought it had to be yours! Those wheels are class!

My first ever spot, thank you sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

My first ever spot, thank you sir!

I'm fairly certain I saw you in Dundalk last year, I'd just come from the cinema and you were in traffic.... I was in my awful 406 :p Twas the wheels that caught my eye!

Edit: 24th August circa half 10 :pac: Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

dgt wrote: »

I'm fairly certain I saw you in Dundalk last year, I'd just come from the cinema and you were in traffic.... I was in my awful 406 :p Twas the wheels that caught my eye!

I think I saw you twice last year in the silver 406 99-c reg ?

in and around north dublin.

I still suggest car stickers for this kinda thing so we could do a calm wave etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Stheno wrote: »

It has now been revealed that he done away with himself. The story about the car falling on him was spread by someone outside the family and they didn't deny it at the time. Headline in today's irish Mail on Sunday.

I think I saw you twice last year in the silver 406 99-c reg ?

in and around north dublin.

I still suggest car stickers for this kinda thing so we could do a calm wave etc.

98 C ;)

Distinctive with it's obnoxious exhaust and even more obnoxious emissions :pac:

Mostly in southside alas I do tramp around he northside now and again. I'll be commuting to Dublin this week, keep a watching :)
    Image390_zpsc9c3f8d3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Neeson wrote: »
    It has now been revealed that he done away with himself. The story about the car falling on him was spread by someone outside the family and they didn't deny it at the time. Headline in today's irish Mail on Sunday.

Equally as tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Its a small world, sorry never saw that post, usually head to the cinema on a Friday myself, probably where i was going/coming from!

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Installed a fancy round disc in the windscreen,$514. Bought it on Friday and tried it today but I couldn't notice any difference in driving, not sure of its purpose. Must be a decent mod though because they were queuing up to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I wouldn't mind paying for mine in Dollars, even with the weak Euro...

:P

• Advertisement

Wooooot! :D

What are they for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

La Citroën Xantia a un turbo de kkk :D:D:D

Anyone here know how to check what one is fitted to the car? I can't see the feckin plate and I'm not having tools sticking to my hands on a day like this! There were 2 types fitted, K14 and the K03...

Pred racer, the older XUD engines had bigger turbos than the newer ones. Newer ones were smaller for more driveability etc. What year was yours? It might explain why the power came in very suddenly :cool:

96, it was a Nordie car if that makes any difference.
    It had a much bigger kick than the 98 406 I had.(also black smoke on demand:D) but it was a bit of a pain in traffic.
    Lag, lag, lag, tuuuuuuurrrrrbbboooo, nearly hit the back of the car in front, and repeat;)

pred racer wrote: »
    96, it was a Nordie car if that makes any difference.
    It had a much bigger kick than the 98 406 I had.(also black smoke on demand:D) but it was a bit of a pain in traffic.
    Lag, lag, lag, tuuuuuuurrrrrbbboooo, nearly hit the back of the car in front, and repeat;)

That sounds about right, I'm thinking the crossover was in 1997.... I still could have a small turbo so! :mad:

Wooooot! :D

What are they for?

They are pumps, used to get to high or ultra high vacuum < 10e8

We run them at 600hz (or 36000rpm)

That machine is for high density plasma deposition.

pred racer wrote: »
    They are pumps, used to get to high or ultra high vacuum < 10e8

We run them at 600hz (or 36000rpm)

That machine is for high density plasma deposition.

It sure looks very delicate and hi tech! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It sure looks very delicate and hi tech! :cool:

I keep telling my boss that it is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Right, NCT is going to be booked this week for the Alfa, but in the meantime looking to find out more about the suspension. Been looking at these kits online

Would something like this work?

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/alfa-romeo-147-156-control-arm-set/2483046

I'm just looking around really. Would a kit like the above work or is it something to be avoided?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    Right, NCT is going to be booked this week for the Alfa, but in the meantime looking to find out more about the suspension. Been looking at these kits online

Would something like this work?

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/alfa-romeo-147-156-control-arm-set/2483046

I'm just looking around really. Would a kit like the above work or is it something to be avoided?

Do the NCT and find out what is wrong.

A lot of suspension parts on the 156 had up to four different parts, so don't go buying something that is not right for your car.

Do the NCT and find out what is wrong.

A lot of suspension parts on the 156 had up to four different parts, so don't go buying something that is not right for your car.

I was hoping you would reply...:o:D

I think the NCT is the way to go and get the fail sheet. Being honest I think the whole thing is needed to be replaced at this stage although tbh I haven't much of a notion.

Cheers anyway, I hope the Alfa is well enough to make it to the meet in February now!:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    I was hoping you would reply...:o:D

I think the NCT is the way to go and get the fail sheet. Being honest I think the whole thing is needed to be replaced at this stage although tbh I haven't much of a notion.

Cheers anyway, I hope the Alfa is well enough to make it to the meet in February now!:(

Yeah just go ahead and do the NCT, if you do fail, then post it up here. The likes of wishbones are fine, bushings are not as they are a part of the steering rack and the rack has to be reconditioned/replaced which is a big job either way.

You might be surprised though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hmmm, I'm skeptical... If only there was some way to prove it!

sfd-407679.jpg

Custard Yoghurt

IMG_20130113_141110.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

BX 19 wrote: »
    Custard Yoghurt

IMG_20130113_141110.jpg

:D:p Perfect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Active yoghurt and all

Yeah just go ahead and do the NCT, if you do fail, then post it up here. The likes of wishbones are fine, bushings are not as they are a part of the steering rack and the rack has to be reconditioned/replaced which is a big job either way.

You might be surprised though :)

Much appreciated. :)

It's going to cost big bucks to get it through but once it's had the suspension work everything else is running on the ball so I reckon it's worth the investment. The current value of the car on the open market means nothing to me, I can't wait to have the suspension all done. It will be a completely different thing to drive.

On another note, had a scare today on a roundabout in cherrywood, had the back end of the 156 slide out on me for the first time. Think I carried a bit too much speed into the roundabout and the result was obvious. Learned my lesson though, and a valuable one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

When I was doing the T-belt on my bro's 1.4 octy BCA engine, I said to him that according to the book the crankshaft pullet bolt should be replaced, he said yeah what ever its only a bolt get a new one.
    So I rang the main dealer parts dept and asked for one, he said he hadn't got one on the shelf.
    I thought that was odd for a service part considering it's such a common model.
    I asked did they sell many, he said no. I asked did he ever have one on the shelf, he said no.
    I didn't bother ordering one.
    If the main dealer doesn't change them why should I.

My missus wants a wagon r. Thinks they're ironically cool.

I'm inclined to agree to an extent.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    My missus wants a wagon r. Thinks they're ironically cool.

I'm inclined to agree to an extent.

The Suzuki?

Surely there are bushings on the 156 that aren't part of the steering rack?
    Wishbone bushings, anti roll bar bushings etc etc etc etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the original model, not the newer one that was the opel Agila.

The Suzuki?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement