Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

As long as she gets a little 4WD Turbo, that's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Very hard to find, apparently people buy them for the engines to put into little planes

Ah here, that's not on at all now.
    Planes are nice and all but Kei cars are the bees knees.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    Surely there are bushings on the 156 that aren't part of the steering rack?
    Wishbone bushings, anti roll bar bushings etc etc etc etc.

Bushes at the track rod end of the steering rack is what I am referring to, they are not sold seperate to the rack
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah, the original model, not the newer one that was the opel Agila.

Looks decent enough

Stheno wrote: »
    Bushes at the track rod end of the steering rack is what I am referring to, they are not sold seperate to the rack............

Ok :)

"bushings" is a tad general though :)

The ole lad's car is due NCT soon, needed a CV joint and the front pads though still having a fair few thousand miles on them were worn a bit so he got the Cv joint and the pads done (I wouldn't tackle a CV joint in a fit tbh and while that was being done getting pads too was handy :) ).

Also ordered two nice Dunlop tyres last week, he got them fitted Friday I think.

Test booked for the 25th (surprised with all the available slots they had), we are expecting a first time pass :)

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Bushes at the track rod end of the steering rack is what I am referring to, they are not sold seperate to the rack

Looks decent enough

Spotted one on dung deal half an hour ago, 10 mins down the road. Sold 15 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Anyone know who sells cherrybomb backboxes in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I hear you can find them in the Copa Cabana

Don't they come free with every set of TSW Stealths?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Don't they come free with every set of TSW Stealths?

Didn't think those were still sold....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

166man wrote: »
    Cheers anyway, I hope the Alfa is well enough to make it to the meet in February now!:(

Weren't you in Kerry in it last week? If it didn't fakk apart down there its hardly gonna fall apart on the motorway to portlaoise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Weren't you in Kerry in it last week? If it didn't fakk apart down there its hardly gonna fall apart on the motorway to portlaoise!

Was in Kerry until Friday then to Galway in it for the weekend. Just back in Dublin this evening. 884.7 miles done since last Sunday in it and she performed quite well! A motorway blast should be no bother...:o:D

And true, if it didn't fall apart in Kerry it should do around Dublin the next few weeks!

Was in Kerry until Friday then to Galway in it for the weekend. Just back in Dublin this evening. 884.7 miles done since last Sunday in it and she performed quite well! A motorway blast should be no bother...:o:D

And true, if it didn't fall apart in Kerry it should do around Dublin the next few weeks!

You didn't stop by for some Tae ? :p

You didn't stop by for some Tae ? :p

I was staying in the Connemara Coast for the two nights but popped into the main shopping centre on the Saturday, funnily enough a 2009 Focus RS in Blue passed by in the car-park, reminded me of your own motor... Driver didn't have a beard though..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

After spilling a coffee in the car, I've come to the conclusion that Starbucks should make air fresheners :p

I was staying in the Connemara Coast for the two nights but popped into the main shopping centre on the Saturday, funnily enough a 2009 Focus RS in Blue passed by in the car-park, reminded me of your own motor... Driver didn't have a beard though..:pac:

I know that guy we have had a chat before, he haz him some nifty glasses for sure

I know that guy we have had a chat before, he haz him some nifty glasses for sure

This might be a tad sad... but the first thing I thought of when he passed was ''Is he really forking out €2200 a year to tax that thing?''...:o

:pac:

MarkMc wrote: »
    After spilling a coffee in the car, I've come to the conclusion that Starbucks should make air fresheners :p

God yeah!
    Nothing like the smell of fresh coffee.

Even my coffee hating GF loves the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

CianRyan wrote: »
    God yeah!
    Nothing like the smell of fresh coffee.

Even my coffee hating GF loves the smell.

Coffee smell makes me wretch if it's strong enough. Tea please and take it easy with the bainne.

This might be a tad sad... but the first thing I thought of when he passed was ''Is he really forking out €2200 a year to tax that thing?''...:o

Pfft, tax is more like 1250 on it, abit les sthan my car. I would kill for a MK2 RS, someday :(

• Advertisement

I had someone leave a half drank can of red bull in the car once with a fag butt in the contents, needless to say the interior of the car stunk like ass for a day or so, urgh :(

BX 19 wrote: »

Coffee smell makes me wretch if it's strong enough. Tea please and take it easy with the bainne.

Ewww tea. Coffee ftw, Caffeine is better than cocaine, especially when you work ungodly hours. Topaz have a high caffeine coffee that absolutely rules.

BX 19 wrote: »

Giiiiiiieeeeet out!
    Nothing like the smell of strong coffee!

I'm not mad for your standard cup of tea but I do go mad for green and white teas. Mmmm
    With out looking like a ponse, this is unreal.

I cut down on my coffee addiction for tea and this
    monster2.jpg

Downside: breath smells like faeces after it, not that I talk enough of it anyway :pac::pac::pac:

Jesus, that stuff will kill ya quicker than cocaine! Haha
    You're better off on coffee.

dgt wrote: »
    I cut down on my coffee addiction for tea and this

Downside: breath smells like faeces after it, not that I talk enough of it anyway :pac::pac::pac:

I used to drink lots of that stuff, when the shakes started I figured it was time to cut back!! Tastes awesome though

Coupled with the Tesco breakfasts: the perfect recipe for an energetic day :D

I weaned myself off red bull for that stuff... I may wean myself off it totally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Haha brilliant add. :D
    Free petrol

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4133394

EDIT:
    If you are a boy, think of the girls you could pull in this motor. All you need to do is lower the windows and say "ciao bella" and they will believe you are an enigmatic Italian stallion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just looking at uk traffic cams. Only a slim differnce in temps could mean we suffer the same faith. More predictions and forecasts being issued by the met office for more disruption. Hopefully it won't turn into winter 2010/11 take 2. There is a split over us at the moment between wet and mild, and cold artic air.

http://www.trafficengland.com/map.aspx?lat0=3229.38&long0=-80.23

Will have to click the icon to turn on the cams in the current information section.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

Just sent off for my new licence. Let's see what happens?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement