Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the Dunboyne bypass has a continous white line for its full length? Heading towards Maynooth from the M3 theres a straight downhills section after the hump with no reason that I can see to not have a broken white line. Ive been stuck behind some real Sunday drivers on this section and it can be a right pain.

Cheers.
    You mean here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

advertsfox wrote: »
    You mean here?

Yep, thats it, but if you were driving the other way, i.e away from the M3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Oh defo, a real Del Boy looking one!
    Must be more Mr T than Del Boy at 430euro! (I presume thats the cash for gold price, and a fraction of the purchase price)

I pity the fool etc...

Yep, thats it, but if you were driving the other way, i.e away from the M3.
    OSI wrote: »
    I've only driven that road a couple of times and not in a while, but from what I remember it has a pretty much constant curve to it, no?
    I would have to agree with OSI, one long downhill / uphill curve is probably the reason. Shame - great road ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Oh defo, a real Del Boy looking one!

Ah right, I really should have copped on that a woman wouldn't wear a chain that size. :)

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    I've only driven that road a couple of times and not in a while, but from what I remember it has a pretty much constant curve to it, no?

There is a curve buts its barely noticeable.(Im refering to the part where you come over the hump back bridge at Dunboyne train station. Ive seen roads with broken white lines with strnger curves elsewhere.

Visibilty all the way to the roundabout nearly a km away is not an issue. After this roundabout in the middle, the road is more curved and I can understand the continous white line there.

dgt wrote: »
    Damn you I was just going to say that!
    Del+Boy-Morley+Snr.jpg

OH MY GOD! I love only fools and horses! :D

Actually. Looking at the pics on google maps, its straight once the road flattens out.

Actually. Looking at the pics on google maps, its straight once the road flattens out.
    Lazy road painters just kept going with the flow? ;)

Opinions on possible wheels people?

3MX8S.jpgx8Sj0.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mmmmm giffy :cool:

Multispokes perhaps?

3MX8S.jpgx8Sj0.gif

That GIF is great, I like them wheels. But what about a set of BBS's?

Mmmmm giffy :cool:

Multispokes perhaps?
    T'was my original plans too but these are quiet the cheap 17" and brand new, can't locate a good (cheap) multi-spoke alternative.
    That GIF is great, I like them wheels. But what about a set of BBS's?
    I do like BBS but haven't found a particular set that suit a look I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

3MX8S.jpgx8Sj0.gif

71805176_Large.jpg

Much better

BX 19 wrote: »
    71805176_Large.jpg

Much better
    drool.gif

I do like BBS but haven't found a particular set that suit a look I like.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1j92RJvQcORPm_F1hg3X7BynvdheNKMk-43UC3aulE0m7zLe4

Or

$(KGrHqJ,!oIE9c50WVMDBPhWf5mljg~~60_35.JPG

with gold centre perhaps.. :)

Think I'm gonna need to find more jewellery in the house :P Now where did I put my metal detector?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Keep it OEM if you ask me. Those wheels are horrible and tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Or

$(KGrHqJ,!oIE9c50WVMDBPhWf5mljg~~60_35.JPG

with gold centre perhaps.. :)

delboy595.jpg

BX 19 wrote: »
    delboy595.jpg

HAHA Exactly... :p Ah, I like them bbs's though. :)

• Advertisement

Twas thinking these myself
    $(KGrHqVHJEQE-QjQTwvQBPqDQc2etg~~60_35.JPG

Keep it OEM if you ask me. Those wheels are horrible and tacky.
    That's why I'm trying to Photoshop it, get as much as a view as possible. Unfortunately, OEM doesn't come cheap and nobody in Ireland ever get's top spec cars so very few Fiat alloys for sale. The above ones are beautiful but cost £750!

http://www.fiat-accessories.com/Fiat-Punto-17inch-5-Double-Spoke-Alloy-Wheels

Twas thinking these myself
    $(KGrHqVHJEQE-QjQTwvQBPqDQc2etg~~60_35.JPG
    Is that a for sale picture? There the original ones I've been trying to source!

That's why I'm trying to Photoshop it, get as much as a view as possible. Unfortunately, OEM doesn't come cheap and nobody in Ireland ever get's top spec cars so very few Fiat alloys for sale. The above ones are beautiful but cost £750!

Don't bother down here, go ooop north :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

ebay?

Makes all the difference.

ebay?

Makes all the difference.
    On eBay daily looking and it's quite scarce of OEM wheels. Think I should use Gumtree etc. for NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Are you using ebay.co.uk?

Don't use ebay.ie for them, you wont get half the results. Also most of the UK suppliers will actually send them here, if you PM them and ask. ;)

Is that a for sale picture? There the original ones I've been trying to source!

A main dealership let a set of those wheels go for £80. Paint was corroding off around the centrecaps. I had me Lensos at the time anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Quick question for R.O.R:

Would it be usual practice for Car Leasing Firms to have reservations due to a cars mileage? I ask because my dads new company car is due to be picked up Friday and he's looking at buying his current Skoda Superb with 210k Km for me to use for College/trips etc, assuming he could get it cheap enough.

The only thing is Leaseplan seem to be hesitant to sell it to him directly like his last cars due to the mileage and the potential for problems.

Also does anyone know a good valuation of a 2009 Superb Ambition with 210k on it?

Edit: I should mention it's the 1.9TDi engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Quick question for R.O.R:

Would it be usual practice for Car Leasing Firms to have reservations due to a cars mileage? I ask because my dads new company car is due to be picked up Friday and he's looking at buying his current Skoda Superb with 210k Km for me to use for College/trips etc, assuming he could get it cheap enough.

The only thing is Leaseplan seem to be hesitant to sell it to him directly like his last cars due to the mileage and the potential for problems.

Also does anyone know a good valuation of a 2009 Superb Ambition with 210k on it?

Edit: I should mention it's the 1.9TDi engine.

Doddy work for KPMG per chance!?! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement