Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Doddy work for KPMG per chance!?! :pac:

Nah, Unilever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nah, Unilever :)

Was kidding - you hear of KPMG girl?

My Dad offered to do the same with his company R21 about 18 years back. He was getting the same trade in on that against a new Mondeo as he was on the Ma's Fiesta which I was driving at the time.

Told him to fock off and bought meself an E30 Coupe instead. :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Was kidding - you hear of KPMG girl?

My Dad offered to do the same with his company R21 about 18 years back. He was getting the same trade in on that against a new Mondeo as he was on the Ma's Fiesta which I was driving at the time.

Told him to fock off and bought meself an E30 Coupe instead. :D

Just realised what it was now. I don't however go around bragging :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

advertsfox wrote: »
    Opinions on possible wheels people?

3MX8S.jpgx8Sj0.gif

Teledials. Definitely. Do it.
    Except the centre bore is slightly smaller so you'll need rings,
    Pcd is 4x100 on the gp, think its 98 on a 146 but wobbly bolts would prob work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

colm_mcm wrote: »

Care to explain that a bit further bud?

EDIT: Ah, Alfa wheels. I do like them and they would be cheap as chips too - now I gotta do another edit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Quick question for R.O.R:

Would it be usual practice for Car Leasing Firms to have reservations due to a cars mileage? I ask because my dads new company car is due to be picked up Friday and he's looking at buying his current Skoda Superb with 210k Km for me to use for College/trips etc, assuming he could get it cheap enough.

The only thing is Leaseplan seem to be hesitant to sell it to him directly like his last cars due to the mileage and the potential for problems.

Also does anyone know a good valuation of a 2009 Superb Ambition with 210k on it?

Edit: I should mention it's the 1.9TDi engine.

There usually isn't an issue, but don't expect them to stand over it.

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that they could have other plans for it.

I always try to sell to the driver if possible, means I never even have to see the car.

It's probably worth around 8-9 grand in the trade I'd say.

There usually isn't an issue, but don't expect them to stand over it.

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that they could have other plans for it.

I always try to sell to the driver if possible, means I never even have to see the car.

It's probably worth around 8-9 grand in the trade I'd say.

Thanks for the info, didn't realise you worked in the Leasing business too. I would never expect them to stand over it and to be honest can't see anything going wrong with it anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Thanks for the info, didn't realise you worked in the Leasing business too. I would never expect them to stand over it and to be honest can't see anything going wrong with it anytime soon.

For my sins :-)

I'd say they have other plans for it so. It's always the easiest way out of a car so there'd be no there real reason not to sell it to your oul lad.

For my sins :-)

I'd say they have other plans for it so. It's always the easiest way out of a car so there'd be no there real reason not to sell it to your oul lad.

Hmm, suppose I'll have to wait until Friday/next week to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I don't know if it's been posted before but I got a laugh from it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RVLGtFsa6c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If anybody knows any boardsie who needs a Motorcheck tell them to get in touch with me; I've one motorcheck voucher left over, it's tied to my account and has to be used in the next 45 days or so but I've no bother running a check for a decent member :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

If anybody knows any boardsie who needs a Motorcheck tell them to get in touch with me; I've one motorcheck voucher left over, it's tied to my account and has to be used in the next 45 days or so but I've no bother running a check for a decent member :)

I wouldn't need it myself but it's very decent of you to offer it to somebody. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

advertsfox wrote: »
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Care to explain that a bit further bud?

EDIT: Ah, Alfa wheels. I do like them and they would be cheap as chips too - now I gotta do another edit ;)

How big do you want to go in the wheel ladder? Teledials only went to 15 inch in 4 stud guise....

You could always get a set of pcd adapters. The world's your lobster then :)
    photo0082j.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's a really nice offer, fair play to you :)
    OSI wrote: »
    Camaro SS booked for 2 weeks in October! :D

Bring it on!

Enjoy :)

@ dgt were the 156 teledials not up to 18 inch?

Having gotten the all clear to drive I am enjoying my freedom. However I need to keep my leg fairly straight so am driving the Ohs car as the legroom is better, much changing of seats involved.

Anyone know if I can tax my car from Feb. while it is off the road in Jan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OSI wrote: »
    Camaro SS booked for 2 weeks in October! :D

Bring it on!

:cool:

Stheno wrote: »

Anyone know if I can tax my car from Feb. while it is off the road in Jan?

Shouldn't be able to, declaration is retrospective you shouldn't be able to make the declaration or get the form stamped and staff in the motor tax office shouldn't process it even if you get it stamped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Bring the go pro and be a hoon, then we can all enjoy it.

@ dgt were the 156 teledials not up to 18 inch?

In 5 stud guise yes, not 4 stud

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    Shouldn't be able to, declaration is retrospective you shouldn't be able to make the declaration or get the form stamped and staff in the motor tax office shouldn't process it even if you get it stamped :)
    Thought so, it would be so much handier if I could, thank you!
    dgt wrote: »
    In 5 stud guise yes, not 4 stud

I was thinking of the fives :) The five stud look chunky enough compared to later ones with more studs, did the four studs not look really really chunky?

Must admit I loved the teledials on my 156 though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Thought so, it would be so much handier if I could, thank you!

I was thinking of the fives :) The five stud look chunky enough compared to later ones with more studs, did the four studs not look really really chunky?

4 stud.
    4_stud_teledials.jpg

5 stud
    alfa-romeo-156-Veloce-Teledial-wheels-5

porsche do teledials as well.
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1168/1338778442_b2bd2fc4d4_o.jpg

Or maybe there alfa with porsche center caps.

It might be size deception, I remember seeing a Bora with S7's (the only other set I've ever seen) as 15s and thought they looked tiny!

Sigh, someday... :cool:

166-BASSport4.jpg

It might be size deception, I remember seeing a Bora with S7's (the only other set I've ever seen) as 15s and thought they looked tiny!

Sigh, someday... :cool:

Might be.

Just a quick question re cost of servicing, got the oul fella's 159 serviced today by our mechanic and I just wanted to know what you guys think of what he charged us for doing so. I'll outline the costs below,

Basic Service - €165

Fuel filter - €80

Pollen filter - €50

Set of Wipers - €35

Extra Labour - €65

Total cost of the service was €395 ex vat.

Does that sound pricey to you guys or is that fairly standard, I just wanted to get an idea?

His basic service cost is a tad over the average, for the extra items the extra labour charge is bordering on robbery, unless the list isn't representative of what he did. A non Alfa main dealer wouldnt charge that in many cases. If he does 4 cars a day his turnover would be 400k + VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Savage mark up on the parts there to my eyes

RoverJames wrote: »
    His basic service cost is a tad over the average, for the extra items the extra labour charge is bordering on robbery, unless the list isn't representative of what he did. A non Alfa main dealer wouldnt charge that in many cases. If he does 4 cars a day his turnover would be 400k + VAT.

I myself was surprised at the extra hour of labour there, I thought the fitting of the fuel filter and pollen filter would be included in the service package. I took a look at the prices of the above parts and he seems to be making himself a nice margin on some of the items. Pollen filter on Micksgarage is €22, he charged €50.

I dunno really, just seemed a bit expensive to me for a run of the mill service. Nothing was wrong with the car just wanted to get it serviced.

Is the fuel filter diesel or petrol? Fiat don't use petrol fuel filters anymore, it's a recirculation system...

A diesel filter for 80 quid is a ridiculous sum of money. Although if anything like the TD75/TD100, they'll be a pig to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

How big do you want to go in the wheel ladder? Teledials only went to 15 inch in 4 stud guise....

You could always get a set of pcd adapters. The world's your lobster then :)
    photo0082j.jpg
    Well 17" are the plan, its probably gonna save me a boatload of hassle by getting them first - nice one! :)

There's a chap on FF with Porsche wheels on his! Will find the picture once I'm off mobile.

EDIT: Found it!

554687_10151137373143908_1011199745_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

And it's time to leave Krakow so naturally I have a very very :( face today. Great country, great people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement