Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Worst bends in Ireland

Anyone know where the best bends are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Dartz wrote: »
    Worst bends in Ireland

Anyone know where the best bends are?

Torc Waterfall to Molls gap = best bends
    Sump burster in places tho (if you have the wrong engine)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

langdang wrote: »
    Torc Waterfall to Molls gap = best bends
    Sump burster in places tho (if you have the wrong engine)

I love that road. I was down there one weekend when the lads were doing the recce for the lakes, good fun.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Good luck with insurnce on the mx5 Ardennes, soft tops andyoung fellas don't tend to mix. Now I only casually rang around about mx5s when looking for cars so didn't check everywhere, but quotes were either in the thousands or a straight refusal.

Id have one as my next car all the same, was in a 1.8 '92 model there recently and the car was some craic! The one I was in had a full roll cage and other mods so it was far from stock but it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I'd like an older MX5 myself too but the insurance does seem to be an issue. Shame really!

Does anyone think this car looks blue? It's listed as such on the tax disc and mywheels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

And I can't forget this, I'd prefer this to the TT. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4113421

I have my license for 3 and a half years. I have 2 years as a named driver and 1 on my own and halfway through a second. With Aviva online I can get a quote for 1100 on the Cupra if I have 3 years named and none on my own, but can't get insured with what I have :( worth my while ring them up? Do any insurance companies take named years into account once you go on your own? Cos liberty don't and by the looks of it Aviva don't either.

Id be buying an S3 over a Cupra anyday. Same engine, better interior and a moddable AWD system. Not actually more expensive to buy used either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Fingers crossed I only fail on what I know I'm going to fail on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Good luck with insurnce on the mx5 Ardennes, soft tops andyoung fellas don't tend to mix. Now I only casually rang around about mx5s when looking for cars so didn't check everywhere, but quotes were either in the thousands or a straight refusal.

Id have one as my next car all the same, was in a 1.8 '92 model there recently and the car was some craic! The one I was in had a full roll cage and other mods so it was far from stock but it was amazing.
    again if i type into aviva that i have 3years named exp. its 1200 a year but no quote for 2 years on my own

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Id be buying an S3 over a Cupra anyday. Same engine, better interior and a moddable AWD system. Not actually more expensive to buy used either.
    getting much more for my money with the cupra and reviews of it seem to be very good. i love the look of that cupra too. insurance is much harder on an s3 too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Redisle wrote: »
    I'd like an older MX5 myself too but the insurance does seem to be an issue. Shame really!

Does anyone think this car looks blue? It's listed as such on the tax disc and mywheels!

I think it looks black, and the advert says it's green! :)

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Fingers crossed I only fail on what I know I'm going to fail on!

'twill be grand :)
    again if i type into aviva that i have 3years named exp. its 1200 a year but no quote for 2 years on my own

You really really need to make a phone call in such situations.

i will when i get home from college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Stheno wrote: »

It's very very very very very VERY very dark blue ;)

Just got told off for taking a picture, hopefully they don't know which car is mine. :p

Have you tried the liberty site? I was getting some very good quotes there in the last few days including less than 800 on a ZR160 (which I have decided against since it hasn't been NCT'd since '08). Also got quoted less than 600 on a 156.

They make a clear distinction between NCB and named driving experience too and don't allow the selection of named experience if you have any NCB.

Try adding one of your parents as a driver too, on liberty my policy went down by over 100 doing this.

Yeah it's strange. From what I can tell it's either Cosmos Blue or it's been cloned! I might give him a call and go to see it anyway as it's just down the road. Lovely interior on it too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There is a dark blue color for Alfas but it's not that bloody dark!
    Just got told off for taking a picture, hopefully they don't know which car is mine. :p

You in there now? Good luck :)

Yep, car's just coming off the lift now. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lovely interior on it too.

That's the first thing I saw when I clicked onto the ad. There's nothing square or boring about it from what I can see. Even the instrument clusters look like F16 afterburners!
    There is a dark blue color for Alfas but it's not that bloody dark!

So it's not like priests' socks then? Don't ever buy an Alfa in a normal dealers, they'll shaft you every time :pac:

Have you tried the liberty site? I was getting some very good quotes there in the last few days including less than 800 on a ZR160 (which I have decided against since it hasn't been NCT'd since '08). Also got quoted less than 600 on a 156.

They make a clear distinction between NCB and named driving experience too and don't allow the selection of named experience if you have any NCB.

Try adding one of your parents as a driver too, on liberty my policy went down by over 100 doing this.

Yeah it's strange. From what I can tell it's either Cosmos Blue or it's been cloned! I might give him a call and go to see it anyway as it's just down the road. Lovely interior on it too.

im with liberty at the moment but their online quote system is fecked. its a long story but after getting like 6 quotes on it it wont give anymore no matter what, ive cleared cookies, all history, reset the router, lowered the firewall security and still nothing. its a balls!

im with liberty at the moment but their online quote system is fecked. its a long story but after getting like 6 quotes on it it wont give anymore no matter what, ive cleared cookies, all history, reset the router, lowered the firewall security and still nothing. its a balls!

Try it in college?

It's working fine for me at the moment!

Maybe sign up with a different email address and start from scratch.

• Advertisement

........ it's just down the road. Lovely interior on it too.

We must be nearly neighbours.

So it's not like priests' socks then?
    Priests' socks??
    RoverJames wrote: »

Be afraid redisle :D

RoverJames wrote: »

Heh, not quite but I do park near your house for college I believe :pac:

........... I do park near your house for college I believe :pac:

.... who doesn't :)

Rang the lad with the Alfa there and he would actually be willing to do the NCT if I'm interested. Always a good sign. Going to have a look on Saturday anyway (only time he is around during the day).

Rang the lad with the Alfa there and he would actually be willing to do the NCT if I'm interested. Always a good sign. Going to have a look on Saturday anyway (only time he is around during the day).

That's a good sign alright, good luck with it.

The list...
    Washer bottle failed
    Airbag light failed
    Wheel lug failed
    Fog lamp mounting failed
    Brake lines failed (A little too long, I **** you not)
    Door sill corrosion

And during Christmas shopping time. :mad:

Try it in college?

It's working fine for me at the moment!

Maybe sign up with a different email address and start from scratch.

it worked at home for e few quotes, same in college and same for the gf, if i want a quote i have to find a new wireless source!

The list...
    Washer bottle failed
    Airbag light failed
    Wheel lug failed
    Fog lamp mounting failed
    Door sill corrosion

The first three aren't massive jobs.
    Brake line one sounds silly to me?
    How bad is the corrosion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The list...
    Washer bottle failed
    Airbag light failed
    Wheel lug failed
    Fog lamp mounting failed
    Door sill corrosion

Welcome to the world of motoring :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement