Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

[IMG]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/734197_10151247782042333_1251956881_n.jpg A mates Focus, he hit a pillar. They only want €240 for a repair[/img]which I find hard to believe, I would have thought €600+ ?

So would I. :eek: I would try and do a bit of research before handing over 240 for a useless job. There is a panel beater, near where I live and dad paid 500 for a little less damage then that. The car came back, like if it just came out of the show room. It was a great job, but it was priced right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Thanks for the insight folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

166man wrote: »
    I would service it if I knew how to! Also because it's his car and not mine, I usually just let it be because I wouldn't have the confidence to tackle it myself and would be concerned about doing something the wrong way or forgetting something and there be a problem with the car.

He doesn't seem to have a problem with the prices so I let him be tbh. I however think they are expensive alright!

What about your own car though? Surely there's lots of DIY's on Alfa forums?

What about your own car though? Surely there's lots of DIY's on Alfa forums?

Or even the haynes manual, there like only 30 quid. So just look how much you'l save. :)

Or even the haynes manual, there like only 30 quid. So just look how much you'l save. :)

He could save an extra €30 and just look it up online....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Can be hard to find info sometimes, my car's a nightmare for finding anything how to related.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Most alfa manuals are uploaded on the likes of alfaowner, I downloaded one for mine, it was about 300mb!

Stheno wrote: »
    Most alfa manuals are uploaded on the likes of alfaowner, I downloaded one for mine, it was about 300mb!

See this 166man??? If Stheno can do it, your goldfish can do it :P

........ It's not an MG, is it?

Yep, 2002 MG ZT.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Yep, 2002 MG ZT.

I was thinking that, just not sure which model. Nice car them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

See this 166man??? If Stheno can do it, your goldfish can do it :P

:(:(

166man, here you go

Post five has a copy of the manual, it's 300mb

I had a quick search, but nothing worth talking about showed up. So I just though I would suggest the Haynes manual. ;)

I had a quick search, but nothing worth talking about showed up. So I just though I would suggest the Haynes manual. ;)
    See the post above yours :)

See the post above yours :)

Yup, just seen it there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Sincere thanks folks! Much appreciated, spent all evening looking for this!

Alfaowner also has a very useful technical forum with details on how to do all sorts of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So its not just me? I thought €300-400 for paint for that whole panel alone?
    I'm quite interested in who's offering repairs like that! Would I know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Just FYI for you, the 159 is a pain to service, oil filter is behind the engine, air filter is in the bumper in front of the wheel. Not difficult just awkward.

Last time I did mine, (prices from memory, so just approx)

Oil €40
    Air filter €27
    Oil filter €10

It took me about 2 hours, but most of that was getting the undertray off and figuring out where everything was;)
    I'd imagine a competent mechanic would do the bits I did in less than an hour.

I also bought a cabin filter and a sump plug €35 (neither installed yet)

And keep an eye on the bonnet catch, they are well known for sticking and its a proper bitch when it does, keep it clean and put fresh grease on it frequently:rolleyes:

Alfaowner also has a very useful technical forum with details on how to do all sorts of stuff

If you can find it, their search function is completely useless.
    Or mabye I am:p

pred racer wrote: »
    If you can find it, their search function is completely useless.
    Or mabye I am:p

I just generally google what I am looking for and invariably AO comes up first in the results :)

The internal search is a bit of a pain alright.

• Advertisement

pred, was that your first time doing it? The first time will always take the longest even if you're following a DIY but after that, you should know what you're doing so each time will be less time :)

pred, was that your first time doing it? The first time will always take the longest even if you're following a DIY but after that, you should know what you're doing so each time will be less time :)

I, came up with a cunning plan..............
    George Dalton is doing it next time, while I sit on me hole and complain loudly about the price:D

This is brillant, found it in another thread. Just reading the last page. :pac: Copy the URL in the search bar and hey presto it goes all kinda gangster.

http://www.gizoogle.net/

Motor related, there is gangster spinners on the page. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

quite looking forward to the meet now! something to look forward to at least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Has anyone had any experience with water in the driver's footwell of a Corsa C? It's sopping wet. I know the leak is coming from under the brake servo (common Corsa problem) but is there any way to drain the water fast without taking up the carpet etc?

First use towels to mop up the excess wateras best you can. Then as OSI said, a heater or the car's own heater system to dry it. Alternatively, a dehumidifier would do the job too.

There's no point in doing this until you first sort out that leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

quite looking forward to the meet now! something to look forward to at least :)

I had been aswell.I'm looking doubtful now as something has come up :(

I had been aswell.I'm looking doubtful now as something has come up :(

:rolleyes:

With all your talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:rolleyes:

With all your talk!

I beg your pardon?I've to work that day now.Not my choice.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

pred racer wrote: »
    I, came up with a cunning plan..............
    George Dalton is doing it next time, while I sit on me hole and complain loudly about the price:D

You will have little to complain about with George,apart from the fact he's from Laois.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement