Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

tossy wrote: »
    You will have little to complain about with George,apart from the fact he's from Laois.

Could be worse, it could be offaly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

pred racer wrote: »

Banned for 1 week. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

He's not from Offaly i've seen him writing :D

Banned for 1 week. :P

Does this mean I can open an alt account and spam the sh1t out of everybody:pac:

I'm from Tipp how would I know what the funny marks on the paper were:p

Here now.That's a bit uncalled for.I can write good Engrish.

I'm from Tipp how would I know what the funny marks on the paper were:p

At least you're honest. :pac:

• Advertisement

Here now.That's a bit uncalled for.I can write good Engrish.
    :

:D Sorry Test transmissio

I hate ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

We luv ya too. ;-p

I hate ye all.

Thats just your inferiority complex talking:D

Doh...... At least you can read dates :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jesus, the NCT rang me up to do a customer satisfaction survey

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Jesus, the NCT rang me up to do a customer satisfaction survey

Did you pass? :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you pass? :D

I gave them strong feedback on their inability to communicate about closing over Christmas on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Quick question, looking at a car on donedeal, seems pretty nice, BUT, checked motortax.ie and there was a change of ownership in the middle of December.

Alarmbells yes? If I ring, what would be an acceptable excuse to be selling it so soon after a change of ownership?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BillJ wrote: »
    Quick question, looking at a car on donedeal, seems pretty nice, BUT, checked motortax.ie and there was a change of ownership in the middle of December.

Alarmbells yes? If I ring, what would be an acceptable excuse to be selling it so soon after a change of ownership?
    Private or dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

advertsfox wrote: »
    Private or dealer?

Transferred to an individual on : 14/12/2012

Googled the number on the ad and the only other thing that came up was a wanted ad on donedeal from 9 days ago.

I gave them strong feedback on their inability to communicate about closing over Christmas on their website.

You mean you gave them an earful:D

I just got a mental image of Stheno wagging her finger at the bold nct boy:pac:

You mean you gave them an earful:D

I just got a mental image of Stheno wagging her finger at the bold nct boy:pac:

I did not, I was polite, I just gave them 1/5 every time they asked how the booking process/website should be rated.

I gave them 5/5 for some things :)

They did ask some incredibly stupid questions though.

I did not, I was polite, I just gave them 1/5 every time they asked how the booking process/website should be rated.

I gave them 5/5 for some things :)

They did ask some incredibly stupid questions though.

Bank of Ireland once called me to take a customer satisfaction survey about a failed motgage application, and then put me through to an automated system:eek: they couldnt even be bothered to ask me themselves, I hope someone listened to the recording;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

To the person sitting in the black Punto in Kingswood, simply turning On your hazards does not make it all right for you to park on double yellow lines, on a corner.
    Uugh!

In other news, my car is feeling sluggish, I doubt my 10kg dog is weighing it down much so I'll check the tyre pressure when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Was watching breaking bad last night, big meet up of all the drug cartel heads. Next thing, briefly flashes on screen a few times - what did I just see?
    De Tomaso Pantera. I have no idea how such an obscure car stayed in my memory, and how I was able to name it while ladies in bikinis dashed around it.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_434203-De-Tomaso-Pantera.html

So far, so "cool story bro", but what it reminded me of was a (very) little slice of "de tomaso" action that was available on donedeal lately

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4269131?utm_source=AtomFeed&utm_medium=webfeed

In fairness, that yoke would be good craic I'd say!
    Fairly random, but I don't think I know anyone IRL who would have ever heard of a De Tomaso, so I said I'd throw it out here...

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    To the person sitting in the black Punto in Kingswood, simply turning On your hazards does not make it all right for you to park on double yellow lines, on a corner.
    Uugh!

In other news, my car is feeling sluggish, I doubt my 10kg dog is weighing it down much so I'll check the tyre pressure when I get home.

What type of furry rat do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What type of furry rat do you have?

No rat in my house, just a rat hunter! :)
    Black and Tan Jack Russle and Daschund cross.
    She's small but pure muscle. :p

Blurry picture, only one I have right now.

CianRyan wrote: »
    No rat in my house, just a rat hunter! :)
    Black and Tan Jack Russle and Daschund cross.
    She's small but pure muscle. :p

Blurry picture, only one I have right now.

Cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Just in the door from Naaaavvan earlier today. Met with dgt to see his collection, including the Alfa 166 V6 obviously(:pac:) and his lovely 1989 525i which started first time. Let him drive my own Alfa and got myself a spin in the D-Turbo - Conclusion = the only comparison between the two is that they both have four working doors.

Got to experience the black soot of the straight through pipe too, my god she's some smoker and a right goer on the road too!

Also saw Stheno's old 156. The car's not half bad actually and I might be taking a few parts off it so it might live on!

Overall, dgt is a true gentleman and much laughs were had, cheers!

*The roads in Navan are sh1te too...:pac:

166man wrote: »

Also saw Stheno's old 156. She's not half bad actually

That didn't read well when I read it. I'd to read it a couple of times.

I just read MM suggesting that a smell in a car could be a dead rodent in the engine bay.

Imagine the horror of opening the bonnet and finding barbequed rat stuck to your engine :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I just read MM suggesting that a smell in a car could be a dead rodent in the engine bay.

Imagine the horror of opening the bonnet and finding barbequed rat stuck to your engine :eek:

nice juicy rat burger me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jaysus I can't post anywhere but I'm being watched :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

This post may offend but:

I once opened the bonnet of my mothers leon after it "started funny"
    To find a cat had crawled into the engine bay and thought it would sleep there, nasty horrible sight.
    And the cleaning was not easy.

On another note, please don't snow, I've being looking forward to a spin down the country all week.

PS not to murder cats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Um, that's happened here with the Daily van, opened the bonnet to find a rather stiff cat around the injector pump. Had been there a few days, not nice :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement