Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jaysus I can't post anywhere but I'm being watched :P
    At least you are not alone
    coolisin wrote: »
    This post may offend but:

I once opened the bonnet of my mothers leon after it "started funny"
    To find a cat had crawled into the engine bay and thought it would sleep there, nasty horrible sight.
    And the cleaning was not easy.

On another note, please don't snow, I've being looking forward to a spin down the country all week.

PS not to murder cats

YUCK @ the cat.

Enjoy your trip

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

langdang wrote: »
    Was watching breaking bad last night, big meet up of all the drug cartel heads. Next thing, briefly flashes on screen a few times - what did I just see?
    De Tomaso Pantera. I have no idea how such an obscure car stayed in my memory, and how I was able to name it while ladies in bikinis dashed around it.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_434203-De-Tomaso-Pantera.html

So far, so "cool story bro", but what it reminded me of was a (very) little slice of "de tomaso" action that was available on donedeal lately

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4269131?utm_source=AtomFeed&utm_medium=webfeed

In fairness, that yoke would be good craic I'd say!
    Fairly random, but I don't think I know anyone IRL who would have ever heard of a De Tomaso, so I said I'd throw it out here...

I've seen one more than once. Also what has that DD ad got to do with a De Tomaso?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

langdang wrote: »
    Was watching breaking bad last night, big meet up of all the drug cartel heads. Next thing, briefly flashes on screen a few times - what did I just see?
    De Tomaso Pantera. I have no idea how such an obscure car stayed in my memory, and how I was able to name it while ladies in bikinis dashed around it.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_434203-De-Tomaso-Pantera.html

So far, so "cool story bro", but what it reminded me of was a (very) little slice of "de tomaso" action that was available on donedeal lately

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4269131?utm_source=AtomFeed&utm_medium=webfeed

In fairness, that yoke would be good craic I'd say!
    Fairly random, but I don't think I know anyone IRL who would have ever heard of a De Tomaso, so I said I'd throw it out here...

Ah yes, De Tomasso, I wouldn't mind one myself :D

This one to be exact ;)
    b6g7qhw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

letschopcats2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ah lambo doors soooooooooo 1968..

View2-16833997.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

]

I love lambo doors:o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »

How do the feckin things work?

Normal handle and some sort of hydraulics to get them to open like that?

Stheno wrote: »
    How do the feckin things work?

Normal handle and some sort of hydraulics to get them to open like that?

I think its like a certain hinge. But they are supposed to cost a lot to be put in. Do not want!

pred racer wrote: »

Fair enough if it's on a lambo, but a celica? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement

I think its like a certain hinge. But they are supposed to cost a lot to be put in. Do not want!

Knowing me I'd walk into the fecking thing, or wallop my head off it.

The alfa has no car door handles, a year and a half later I still giggle when people can't figure out how to open the door

The alfa has no car door handles, a year and a half later I still giggle when people can't figure out how to open the door

Had this happen just yesterday with the civic!

colm_mcm wrote: »

The door handles or unfortunate injury out of carelessness?

Handles, went trying to slide the front seat forward to get in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

this still happens to me on my civic. everyone keeps opening the front door asking how do you fold the seat forward to get in !

I actually only discovered a week ago the in the headlights units that theres 2 indicator bulbs on each side just for the front indication !

Oh so would I. But it's interest how the first car with lambo doors was an Alfa. :)

What is there luke a button n the key? was that a mod?

EDIT: Just read the post below. :)

this still happens to me on my civic. everyone keeps opening the front door asking how do you fold the seat forward to get in !

I actually only discovered a week ago the in the headlights units that theres 2 indicator bulbs on each side just for the front indication !

Are these five door civics with the handle as part of the window like on a 156?

Yeah, it's on the plastic bit. Not like on the seat Leon though which has a bubble in the glass behind the door

What is there luke a button n the key? was that a mod?

Mine's different, it just has the keyhole, then once you've unlocked it you depress that button to open the door. Standard spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Are these five door civics with the handle as part of the window like on a 156?

exactly so.

very hard to see in the dark too. Although I cant understand why people cant see an actual back door like all the lines and all

• Advertisement

exactly so.

very hard to see in the dark too. Although I cant understand why people cant see an actual back door like all the lines and all

The 156 backdoors were the same in the dark if people didn't know what they were looking for.

Leon doors
    imagecydw.jpg

Leon doors

Jaypers those aren't the prettiest, looks like something is missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

First 10,000 mls in the MR2 (give or take :) ) ....on a plus note Autoglass came and changed the windscreen they previously put in wrong :cool:

mileage1f.jpg

img0346xp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

First 10,000 mls in the MR2 (give or take :) ) ....on a plus note Autoglass came and changed the windscreen they previously put in wrong :cool:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2351/mileage1f.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4646/img0346xp.jpg

Get out there and drive another 3 miles would ya! :P:D

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Get out there and drive another 3 miles would ya! :P:D

I was waiting for that....watching the dash in traffic got distracted by driving :pac: and when I looked it was 110451 :P ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

View2-16833997.jpeg

If drive that, link to the ad?

What's the 0 - 18 gauge if you don't mind me asking? Battery strength?

What's the 0 - 18 gauge if you don't mind me asking? Battery strength?

Yup ;) ...The turbo models have a boost gauge there instead

33422710014_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I was waiting for that....watching the dash in traffic got distracted by driving :pac: and when I looked it was 110451 :P ah well...

You'll have to clock it so :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement