Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    You'll have to clock it so :pac:

Could do but photoshop is much quicker :pac:

mileage2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    If drive that, link to the ad?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Here. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I also found this, I think it's cool.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4431204 :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wonder if it's indeed mint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Both awful. Saw a limerick sham fighting his wanky lambo doors into closing and staying closed on a busy street recently. "real head turner" alright but for all the wrong reasons.
    The worst is 4/5 door cars with front lambo doors. If you have to do it, at least do it to a 2/3 door car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No to both.

I especially hate two tone cars :(

• Advertisement

Probably not.. :p
    langdang wrote: »
    Both awful. Saw a limerick sham fighting his wanky lambo doors into closing and staying closed on a busy street recently. "real head turner" alright but for all the wrong reasons.
    The worst is 4/5 door cars with front lambo doors. If you have to do it, at least do it to a 2/3 door car.

What about these kinda doors? I don't like them. But there standard on my 165. :)

EDIT: No there not, I was thinking of our old same tractor...
    Stheno wrote: »
    No to both.

I especially hate two tone cars :(

But, 18" monoblocks.... I see what you're saying though. I'd sooner if it was just wrapped in vinyl. :)

EDIT: They spelt "Monoblock" wrong... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The state of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What about these kinda doors? I don't like them. But there standard on my 165. :)
    :

Are you talking about an alfa 165?

The state of it.

What about this? I think it looks even better. :)

Are you talking about an alfa 165?

Nope, massey ferguson 165. :cool:

• Advertisement

What about this? I think it looks even better. :)

5.2k for an 11 year old car that will end up in the garage after the 10th motorist you piss off slowing to a crawl to get over speed ramps decides to ram you?

And those alloys are like something the masons would design!

Nope, massey ferguson 165. :cool:

You had me confused between lambo doors, and alfas having them!

5.2k for an 11 year old car that will end up in the garage after the 10th motorist you piss off slowing to a crawl to get over speed ramps decides to ram you?

And those alloys are like something the masons would design!

Abit pricey I agree. But I think it's cool. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

She's felt lad....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yep, sell the dodgy sound system for something usable, sort out the dodgy lights and use then money I've gotten back on decent rubber and performance mods.
    I like it.

Abit pricey I agree. But I think it's cool. :p

I loathe those drivers who so over mod their suspension that they literally cause tailbacks coming up to speed ramps due to their near inability to get over them.

Doesn't help that most of my experience of them has been living in Portlaoise.

One suggestion: Should you ever get such a car, do not EVER go to Portlaoise (apart from a meet, there are no ramps en route from Sligo)

Edit: reminder: I'm old.

You had me confused between lambo doors, and alfas having them!

Oh whoops, Yes, the fist lambo doors were on a Alfa alright, back in 1968.
    The first vehicle to feature scissor doors was the 1968 Alfa Romeo Carabo concept car, designed by Bertone's Marcello Gandini. The door style was dictated by Gandini's desire for an innovative design, and by his concern over the car's extremely poor rear visibility

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scissor_doors

:)

I loathe those drivers who so over mod their suspension that they literally cause tailbacks coming up to speed ramps due to their near inability to get over them.

Doesn't help that most of my experience of them has been living in Portlaoise.

One suggestion: Should you ever get such a car, do not EVER go to Portlaoise (apart from a meet, there are no ramps en route from Sligo)

Edit: reminder: I'm old.

If your not scubbin, Your not dubbin... :p

If your not scubbin, Your not dubbin... :p

Translated into English is that to say if you are not low enough your are too high?

Sorry about that. I do have issues with speedbumps.

• Advertisement

Yeah but do you literally have to stop, then crawl over them at 5mph stopping in the middle?

Translated into English is that to say if you are not low enough your are too high?

Kinda..

Sorta like this.. http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz54/Mk3GTiGolf3/0dda0287.jpg

Have you the sticker??

$(KGrHqRHJCgFBsRU3DN8BQkpH4)j)Q~~60_35.JPG

Have you the sticker??
    ]

That's actually quite funny

I've just remembered I've to take it easier in my current car than in previous ones, as the fecker is so short anyway, feels like I'm being shaken in a blender if I go too fast.

Not to the extent of causing tailbacks though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hands up here too...I crawl over bumps, my car is low, not ridiculously so, but I'd rather not wreck the suspension!

Yeah but do you literally have to stop, then crawl over them at 5mph stopping in the middle?

Depends on the speedbump.

Depends on the speedbump.

Fair enough I take most at about 15 mph it's the guys who literally have to stop on a fairly low bump that drive me nuts.

If you've ever been around the church and the weird roundabouts in Portlaoise that would be the source of my loathing :)

Hard enough to get through a three legged roundabout without people having problems at ramps.

Fair enough I take most at about 15 mph it's the guys who literally have to stop on a fairly low bump that drive me nuts.

If you've ever been around the church and the weird roundabouts in Portlaoise that would be the source of my loathing :)

Hard enough to get through a three legged roundabout without people having problems at ramps.

Those massive speedbumps in the centre of Portlaoise?I got to stop completely for them.There's no way around that.

Those massive speedbumps in the centre of Portlaoise?I got to stop completely for them.There's no way around that.

Yeah beside the church, where they have the double roundabouts?

I've only ever driven through them in "normal" cars not the gtv, but spent many a Saturday stuck behind lowered cars that had to stop, get the front over, stop, get the back over, and then move.

Drove me nuts.

Must try them in the gtv, I suspect I'll have to take them super slow.

If so I apologise :)

• Advertisement

How low is your car on the coilovers? (if you don't mind me asking. :) ) Also do you find much of an improvement compared to the factory height?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement